Do you sing in the car?

Yes! Loud and proud about it, too. And anyone who is looking will hopefully just think, well I guess she’s having a good day.

I sound God-awful, though. As Archie once described Edith’s vocal skills, I sing like a hinge.

So therefore this expression of happiness is only done when I am alone.

No, but I never listen to the radio in the car, either.

If you ask a room full of kindergarteners, they will all say they can sing. Most adults will say they can’t, and they are wrong.

Of course! I come from a long line of shower and car singers. I am pretty sure I’m a crap singer, but I don’t care.

Hey, when a good tune ls playing, I sing along. On roadtrips, I sing just to prove to myself my voice still works. I talk back to the radio too. Sometimes other drivers honk and wave so I sing at them. But put a passenger in my car and I get too distracted to sing and drive.

All the time! I once had the car in front of me at the coffee hut pay for my order. The barista said they liked seeing someone having so much fun. I tipped her what I was going to pay. I have to say, though, I didn’t realize people would actually watch so that experience inhibited me a bit. LOL.

I know I can’t sing. I have what is possibly the world’s worst singing voice. Imagine if you will…Dennis Hopper doing an impression of Stevie Nicks.

This does not stop me from singing in the car.

No, they’re not. Most adults are much worse singers than they think they are.

Occasionally; on longer trips, it helps relieve boredom. More locally (daily commute), it can be a nice way to unwind a bit from work stress on the way home. Or, now that I think about it some, a nice way to wake up some, get the mind working, blood flowing, mood lifted, etc., on the way into work.

Depends on the song. During “Hot Child in the City”, I always join in when Nick Gilder sings “we’ll make LOOOOOOOVE!!!”

Sure.

I’m a dad. It’s a dad thing.

Good old Cyndie Pauper. “Girls Just Want to Have The Basic Necessities of Life”.

And I thought I was the only one.

:eek: I must admit, when I saw this poll question I thought “What a dumb question, everyone sings in the car!” Apparently not. So I learned something new today, thanks Leaffan!

Yeah, like I’m gonna let a thing like that stop me.

I’m so bad, my wife and son both tell me to STFU when I start singing. But when I’m alone in the car, hell yes I sing along. :slight_smile:

I tend sing really badly making up lyrics as I go - really bad lyrics, often with lots of swearing (but which always still rhyme). This is partly because I can’t remember the actual lyrics, and partly because hell if I know.

Of course I sing in the car. Doesn’t everybody? (Evidently not, according to the poll results.)

Exactly, it’s fun and good for you! Some days I don’t even suck. :slight_smile:

When I’m alone, I always sing in the car. I’m too chicken to sing in front of anyone else, even though I’ve been told I can at least carry a tune fairly well.

Yes, if I’m alone. I always have my player set on shuffle. I’m not a bad singer – I’m a performing songwriter – but I don’t sing along if others are in the car because they might want to hear the music unadorned, and because in spite of years in front of audiences I’m still shy about singing. I had to work hard to find a good singing style and voice to fit my pipes. I sound so much like Stephen Merritt of the Magnetic Fields that when an unfamiliar MF song comes up my wife sometimes asks “when did you record this?” It’s weird when one of my own songs comes up and I get to sing along with myself, sometimes adding the harmony part I wish I had recorded originally but didn’t think of at the time.