I like to sing! How about you?

Every morning for a month, my 3-year-old daughter has requested we listen to the Frozen soundtrack in the car on the way to daycare. I have…no problem with this.

I used to sing all the time, especially in the car. As I’ve grown older, I find myself listening to NPR instead. But that soundtrack has totally reawakened in me my love of singing.

I’m not great but good enough to impress my co-workers at karaoke with a stunning rendition of “Part of Your World” from the Little Mermaid. I did a little musical theater in school, but only as part of the chorus.

So, what’s your favorite song to sing out loud, really belting it, you know? I think mine would have to be “Part of Your World,” but “Let it Go” is coming in a close second. God, what a set of pipes on that Adele Nazeem.

Everlong.

Also, Beethoven’s 9th. In German.

Who’s Lovin’ You - a totally random version with half-wrong lyrics. And certainly an octave or so lower than the Jackson 5 version.

**Heard it Through the Grapevine **- I love Creedance and Gladys Night, but this is Marvin’s song.

Please note - these are both songs I have no business singing and will NEVER sing in front of other people. I sing in public with my solo guitar or in a rock band, so can handle putting it out there for the public to comment on, but let’s not kid ourselves. But damn I enjoy them.

Anything by Kesha, of course…“TiK ToK” is my default karaoke choice.

smaje1, you sound just like me, right down to Part of Your World. :slight_smile:

Probably my current favorite to sing is “Sal Tlay Ka Siti”, from Book of Mormon.

Yes. Yes, I do. I have been singing a lot of Let It Go, myself.

Count me in as another inveterate singer in the car … and around the house when noone else is home.

If we’re talking Disney: “Let It Go” has been my “let 'er rip” song of choice lately* Being an alto II, I just can’t make the high notes of “Part of Your World” (fun tho it is to try) …“Poor Unfortunate Souls” is more my range! “God Help the Outcasts” from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is also right in my sweet spot.

Other musical theater favorites include most of Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog - Brand New Day is another fun one to belt out. And of course there’s Avenue Q - I can ALMOST pull off “There’s a Fine, Fine Line” on a good day. :slight_smile:

I have way too much fun with the harmonies in the classic Eagles songs - I probably drive my husband nuts jumping from one part to another in each stanza… “Seven Bridges Road” in particular.

Ooh - then there’s Crosby Stills & Nash’s “Southern Cross” - specifically Jimmy Buffett’s cover version

• [SIZE=“1”]I’m even (gulp!) singing an abbreviated solo version in next month’s choir concert (if I don’t chicken out first). [/SIZE]

Just this morning I was trying to sing “I Wish” by Stevie Wonder. Love that song. I WISH I could sing like him though.

Woke up this morning in a Ryan Adams mood. Listening to “Gold” right now.

“Saying hi, to your answering bell”

At least my neighbors knew I am insane before they heard me singing.

Capt

I really enjoy singing. I have no delusions that I coulda been a STAR, but I am confident that I could comfortably fill a spot in the alto section of a community chorus.

My church does not have a choir, but we do sing three hymns at each service, and I really sing out.

I sing along in the car a lot. Anything from the Gypsy soundtrack to current pop hots that make my son cringe. Say what you want about Miley Cyrus, Wrecking Ball is catchy.

Most recently I’ve been trying to learn all of the words to Quizas, Quizas, Quizas.

“Black limousine, money in the bank”

Capt

I love singing! Especially in the car, really loud. I don’t even care that people look at me. I used to sing in choirs so I know my voice is decent and I can carry a tune.

My 15 yo son will sing along out loud with me when we’re both in the car. Usually hard rock or classic rock. This afternoon in the car on the way home from school it was Dream On by Aerosmith.

“Buenos Aires” from Evita.

I like to sing…and can’t… But when I’m alone, there’s music!

My last girlfriend and I taught English at a private school in downtown Moscow. Every evening after work, we’d ride the Metro home and sing Beatles songs together while we huddled in a corner of the subway car. Our favorite was “Eight Days a Week.”

Sometimes we would go out to dinner together, and I’d serenade her at the table with something from Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra. My repertoire included “Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime,” “Moonlight Serenade,” “Someone to Watch over Me,” and “I Can Dream, Can’t I?”

If you’ve never tried this, it can be a great way to spice up a romance. Or, your partner might turn beet red and ditch you as soon as she’s able. Either way, you’ll know where you stand. :o

Others…

Belle, from Beauty and the Beast, the part where Gaston starts singing… “Right from the moment when I met her, saw her…”

A bunch of George M. Cohan songs like Harrigan and Yankee Doodle Boy (as done in the movie Yankee Doodle Dandy using the same orchestra that played background for Bugs Bunny… and you can tell!)

My favorite Bugs Bunny clip is when he’s dancing down the street in old New York singing “The Daughter of Rosie O’Grady.” Whenever I hear that song, I imagine it’s being sung in Bugs’s voice.

Until my vocal chords started going about ten years ago (I was a really good bass), I loved singing in church every Sunday, especially traditional Anglican hymns. One Sunday, we were singing “God Is Our Strength and Refuge” (melody, “The Dam Busters Theme”), and since I knew it was coming, I hit and held the final note a full octave above the rest of the congregation. It saddens me that I could never, ever do that today. :frowning:

A few days after my heart surgery last year, I was still in the ICU. They were encouraging me to cough to strengthen my lungs, so I figured that if coughing is good, singing would be better. So I started to sing all the songs in all the Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals. And I don’t mean quietly to myself, but really belting them out. I made it through Oklahoma! and Carousel (except for the “Soliloquy,” which I hate), a few songs from State Fair, and some from South Pacific, before falling asleep. My lungs had a great workout.

The only strange thing was that nobody told me to stop. They’d peek into my area to see what was going on, but nobody complained.

And when I’m not in the hospital I sing with the local Gay Men’s Chorus.

And all the time at home, of course. I think my favorites are some of the movements of Handel’s Messiah and Vivaldi’s Gloria. And lots of show tunes.

I love to sing. My current favorites are Timber by Pitbull and Kesha and The Story of My life by One Direction. And anything by Pink.

I crank the music and sing along and play the drums on my steering wheel when I’m driving. I’m sure people think I’m crazy, but I don’t care.

I bet a lot of you are like me, in that you memorize every single word to certain musicals – somehow singing every single part in a four-part chorus. For me, it’s Rent and Les Miz, Chess and Phantom and… pretty much all of Andrew Lloyd Weber, including Sunset Blvd. and Aspects of Love. I think in a different timeline, I’m a successful Broadway star. sigh