Do you still live in the state you were born in?

I needed an option that said Yes, but I have lived in foreign countries and keep coming back.

I live in the same house we moved to in 1958, when I was 13. But I lived elsewhere (mostly in NYC) for 32 years.

Born in North Carolina, currently living in Ohio.

No, lived in state A until age 11, moved to state B, been in state B ever since.

Texas-
Born here, live here, every expectation to die here.

-JR

Always lived in Washington State (Yakima Valley, Spokane, and Tacoma). Heck the only time I’ve been out of state is on a family trip to Southern Texas and a Mexican border town.

Grew up in Cape Town, South Africa, currently live in Berkeley, California. Every move has taken me further away from my home town …

I live in the same Tennessee city I was born in, but have lived in Alabama, Nebraska, and Oregon.

I was born in Baltimore, Maryland and lived there until I was 46, with brief (3 months to 1 year) stays in New Jersey, Ohio and Florida when I was in my 20s. I moved to southern Ohio when I was 46, 11 years ago.

Hell, the number of states in which I’ve lived is in double digits now. And I’ve never been in the military or whatever. It all made sense at the time.

Illinois (born)
Massachusetts
Florida
Louisiana
Illinois
California
Illinois
California
Maryland
Virginia
Iowa
Virginia
Maryland
Virginia
Ohio
South Carolina

I’m 44 so that’s an average stay of 2.75 years per location. Less, really, because there were some intrastate moves in there.

Still, that’s 10 states so far. Too goddam many, if you ask me.

Not only am I on the wrong coast from my place of birth, but I’ve also never lived anywhere longer than 12 years - Nor even in any state more than 12 years.

I’ve lived in three different states twice. Let me 'splain.

Born in NY - moved to CA as an infant - moved back to NY as a bit older infant - move to ME as a child - moved back to CA as a married adult - moved back to ME as a divorced adult.

NY- CA - NY - ME - CA - ME.

It’s like an SAT question – which state comes next in this series?
I think I need to start a new series.

I was born in WI, and spent about half my life living in WI.
I now live in MN, but very close to the border (about 3 miles). I work in WI and spend quite a bit of free time (bicycling, movies, most vacations, etc there). Most of my TV stations are from WI (technically thier antenna and/or studio may be in MN, but they are WI focused stations)

Brian

I was mostly solid at birth, but as I seem to be living in more of a gaseous state.

Well I messed up that reply but good, and there’s no edit feature on tapatalk :mad:

I blame the gas.

Nope. Born in Ohio, live in Indiana, have lived in seven other states as well (three of them on two different occasions).

I’ve lived in Illinois except for two stints in Florida (total of 6 1/2 years) and one in Maryland (2 years).

For all practical purposes, I’ve lived in California pretty much my whole life (except for a year abroad in high school). It’s a big state though, and I’ve lived in 4 very different sections of it: San Joaquin Valley, Central Coast, Bay Area, and very Northern California.

Born in Los Angeles. Went to college in Northern California - decided that So Cal was, after all, where the family was and where I could reasonably spend a day on the beach any day of the year. And I guess I’m a city boy, after all. So yeah, same state - but a pretty, big one.

I live in the same province, but in a city about 1.5 hours away from where I was born. I’ve lived in Europe and a neighbouring province (Ontario) as well (3 years and 6 year respectively).