Do you still live in the state you were born in?

I was born in Cleveland and grew up in its suburbs, but I’ve only been back 2 or 3 times since the mid-80s. Since then, I’ve lived in Colorado, Kansas, England, and now in Maryland.

Under any sensible system, Buffalo, NY, and Long Island, NY, would be different states. As it is, however, I’ve always lived somewhere in New York State (with a stint in Manhattan thrown in for good measure).

Technically no, but I voted "Yes, and I’ve always lived here " because in my mind DC and the inner Maryland suburbs aren’t separate.

Same house, same room.
New bed.

I don’t live in the same country I was born in. :smiley:

I left in 1980, came back in 2000.

Me neither, but I think yours was a longer trip.

Yeah, I csn visit Montreal any weekend!
I have to admit it always baffles me a little when I hear about people who never left. My SO grew up in the same house all his life, with the same people around him, and the first he left was to go to college. We moved sixteen times before I was eighteen, and that doesn’t count coming from India to here.

I was born in Florida and I’ve lived here all my life. I still say it’s too fucking hot!

Nope, born in Hawaii, live in Tennessee.

Born in the saltwater peninsula state, now live in the freshwater peninsula state.

My dad was in the air force - he was stationed at Travis AFB so I was born in California. We lived all over when I was a kid - Alabama, Florida, Texas, Winnipeg, Germany but I spent my high school/college years in NC. After college, I moved to Dallas, then Seattle, now I’m in San Diego…40 years to get back to California!

I grew up in Louisiana but I live in Massachusetts now. I have also lived in New Hampshire and Vermont. I have spent enough time in Texas to consider it a home as well.

Born and raised in N.C. left at 21 got stationed at Ft. Lewis Wa. Lived there til 2008, now live on the southern Oregon coast.

I was born in Virginia. Moved away when I was two, returned for college and the immediate two years after that, left again, but returned after eight years and am still here.

Was born in NY, but have lived in PA most of my life.

Yep. I actually bought a house down the street from the house I grew up in.

I like Ohio, a lot.

I think this song answers the question very nicely, I picked this video cause it has some great roadtrip shots. You gotta’ wait just a second for the song to come on, but any who recognize this and know what I’m talking about, I give you daps from the heart. :cool:

No, I’m not black, but I give them great credit for a lot of shit, I don’t condone gangs of course, but whites can do that all by themselves. I also thank the African Americans for finally getting rid of this

Oh, yeah, I watched some more of that first video, and there’s some weird shit on there, the song I was talkin’ bout is the first one that comes on bangin’, the rest of it just seems like Jersey Shore invaded my hood…sad. :smack:

You have nothing for someone living in a different country. I didn’t vote, but I was born and raised in Philadelphia, lived for two years in NY, four in IL and have lived in Montreal since.