Do you still live in the state you were born in?

Sometimes it feels like the joke is on me but I’ve always lived in MN. When I applied for jobs elsewhere, I’d be offered one here. When I take a job here, they put me on a plane to spend my weekdays elsewhere but this is still home base.

My parents moved away for 17 years, but they came back to still find me here.

I’ve lived all over the country, but I always seem to be drawn back to the beauty of the pacific northwest.

I was born in Milwaukee Wisconsin, and am now in Raleigh, N.C.

I was raised largely in Texas but not born there. We moved away from the state where I was born when I was 2 years old. First to Arkansas, then finally to Texas at age 5.

I’m a born and bred Hoosier. I’ve moved to an adjacent county. :slight_smile:

Left my home state at 21 and haven’t lived there since. I’ve lived in 2 other states since then, though.

I have always lived in Northern California. First in the Bay Area, now in Sacramento.

In Spain there’s separate two legal concepts for “address”: residencia (where you’re most likely to sleep) and domicilio (your permanent address). Currently my residencia is in a different province, although at least it’s in Spain (which hasn’t always been the case), but my domicilio is in the same province where I was born and grew up. I chose the second option.

I was born in the state in which I currently reside, but only recently returned after 40 years in Anchorage.

Born in hospital in State A but parents live in State B. Lived in State B until recently, now in State C.

I’ve always lived in Quebec (except for two stretches of a few months in Italy) but I’m actually born in Ontario. So the way the question is phrased, I have to answer no.

I still live in the same town where I was born. Never wanted to live anywhere else.

Since the hospital that I was born in is now a care center for the elderly it is entirely possible that I may one day die in the same building, or even the same room, that I was born in.

MI–>IL–>MI.

We were like fish swimming upstream a couple years ago when we moved back to the state of my birth. They practically paid us to drive a U-Haul *into *Michigan.

No. Lived the first 54 years in San Diego, the next 6 in Idaho.

Born in Los Angeles, but my parents moved east to the DC area when I was 4. I grew up in Virginia, not California. I could move back to Virginia in a meaningful sense, but the idea of moving ‘back’ to California is nonsense when my memories of living there are so dim, and my connections so weak.

I was born in Scotland, but we moved when I was 10 months old, first to Canada, then, when I was three, to Arkansas, where I lived until I graduated college.

Then I spent a year in Colorado and three years in DC/Maryland, before putting my back out at the gym while visiting my Mom in Arkansas. I ended up staying for about a year, at the end of which I chose leaving as a desperate alternative to suicide. Hitchhiked to Colorado and spent several years there before moving to California a few months ago.

I wouldn’t move back to Arkansas unless I had no choice, and if I knew I would have to live in the small town my Mom lives in I wouldn’t wait a year; I’d get out as soon as I could dead or alive.

I live about 150 miles from the city I was born in. Same state, never lived in another.
I’m boring.

No. From East TN, moved to the Gulf of the Mexico. Georgous emerald green water. Sugar/snow-colored beaches that I really like. But I feel like the girl in Heidi…all I wanna do is get back home…

Wow, I envy you. Don’t get me wrong, traveling is great. But home is…home.

Have always lived in NSW.
Been a couple of stints of 1-2 months in Melbourne (shhh, don’t tell kambuckta) but never needed to change my postal address.

Mind you, the distance between where I was born and where I was brought up is almost two thousand kms and I now live roughly equidistant