Do you trust the current vaccines? What resources you trust?

My wife has written two traditionally published books on vaccines, so I have in-house expertise available. I could excuse some nervousness at roll out, but now with hundreds of millions vaccinated I think we’d be seeing side effects if there were any.
Anti-vaxx conspiracy theories sound just like flat earth conspiracy theories - hundreds of millions of people in on the scam and real data never leaks out.

I have only met one flat earther, whose main argument seemed to be that governments can’t be trusted.

Vaccines will never be perfect but are safe, offer real protection and will continue to do so.

The one I know thinks that practically no one can be trusted. Scientists, businesses (satellite TV and Sirius - lies), in fact no one but Alex Jones.

Vaccinations started many months ago, and millions have been vaccinated. Show me any REAL evidence (not psychotic Internet rantings) that they have caused any significant harm.

I’m trying to figure out how historical and current evidence can be ignored. I’m wondering why science in general has been minimized in the eyes of so many while superstitious claims supported by virtually nothing hold so much sway?

This. That’s what I’m trying to understand as well. Not believing in science while accepting superstition on faith makes no sense to me.

Well, I want to be really sure I’m protected, so I’ve gotten my vax (Moderna) about 99980 times now (hey, they’re free!) and I’ll get some more too, but I’ll stop at around 99995 just to be safe.

I don’t trust nothing but the Mississippi River.

But I got vaccinated.

And if you read this, you won’t even trust that:

Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927

I trust doctors who admit uncertainty and change their minds.

Here is the SEC filing for Pfizer it’s really long you’ll have to read it yourself I’m cooking right now.

"A further description of risks and uncertainties can be found in Pfizer’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2019 and in its subsequent reports on Form 10-Q, including in the sections thereof captioned “Risk Factors” and “Forward-Looking Information and Factors That May Affect Future Results”, as well as in its subsequent reports on Form 8-K, all of which are filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and available at www.sec.gov and www.pfizer.com.

For a discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, see BioNTech’s Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC on March 31, 2020, which is available on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All information in this press release is as of the date of the release, and BioNTech undertakes no duty to update this information unless required by law.

I believe this is the document to which you are referring: Form 20-F filed by BioNTech SE with the SEC for the Fiscal Year ending Dec 21, 2020.

I believe you are specifically alluding to the “Risks” sections. What is your understanding of the purpose of the filing and its contents?

Go to homepage SEC , go to search. I typed in Moderna. I found out who the shareholders, percentage owned all the legal stuff. etc. I’ll be back later. Errands to run! Have fun it’s very interesting reading. I googled other companies mentioned, that I’ve never heard of, terms I didn’t know and really learned a lot. See ya later.
Finding Side effects in 10-K (Annual report) of filed (2021-02-26)

Then I searched from there. However I have made detailed notes with page numbers. You will also have to wade through their cancer vaccine data too. It’s interspersed.

I really don’t have time right now either. Go ahead and run your errands. Post direct links to whatever it is you’ve found when you have some time. Include your thoughts and understanding of the “risks” outlined in the BioNTech 20-F SEC filing to which you alluded earlier.

I’ll wait.

I trust that most of the little publishing actual data and experience are telling the truth. I admit to forming my own opinions based on that data.

I read both the Pfizer and the J&J clinical reports of they their vaccine trials, and found the evidence compelling. I’ve also been watch the news of side effects, and I’ve read a lot of other studies, too.

I was hesitant when the vaccine first rolled out, but by the time my 84 year old mother was eligible, i was anxious to get both of us jabbed. And i grabbed the first opportunity i had to do so.

And that’s fair enough. I’m vaccinated as well because I trust the science of vaccines and guidance by medical experts. But shh1313 seems to have found something among various filings by the companies that developed these vaccines and I’m interesting in hearing what she’s learned.

Wow, not me! I had already decided that I would not seek medical attention if I contracted COVID. Once I qualified for a vaccine I spent every free second reloading the pages of places within driving distance. The main side effect I experienced was ecstasy.

I hope you reported this! Maybe it’d turn up in the SEC filing!

Oh, I didn’t qualify until late in the rollout. I actually got vaccinated before I qualified, due to finding an “extra dose”.

My major side effect was an enormous sense of relief.

Heh, I remember the night after my second Pfizer, I was feverish and had muscle pain, but I was so happy about it! I was on the couch, nearly delirious, repeatedly saying, “it’s working!”

When they were first rushing to finish the vaccine, got it out, and got an emergency use authorization I was on the skeptical side. Had they been tested thoroughly? Were they saying, “eh, that’s good enough” and throwing it out to the public? How could they know long term side effects of something that’s existed for mere weeks? I wasn’t eligible for those early doses, and I probably wouldn’t have been first in line if I had been eligible. I had too many questions.

But by the time my age group came up I was feeling much more comfortable with the vaccine. I’d read as much actual scientific advice as I was able to find to help calm my apprehensions. I actually got my first dose on the first day that my age group was eligible in my state. I still think there are things we can’t know about long term efficacy and possible side effects, but we absolutely know the effects of getting Covid, and I’d rather take my chances on the vaccine. Hundreds of millions of people are now in the test group, hundreds of millions are in the control group, and the data is looking pretty good for the vaccinated as opposed to the unvaccinated. I feel comfortable with my decision.