Do you use utensils when eating pizza?

No I don’t because I’m not a communist.

Anything that is thick and gooey enough to need utensils it’s not pizza just something that is theoretically based on pizza.

Deep dish/pan == fork. Otherwise hands.

Actually sometimes I do if the burger is really big. Sometimes I cut it into smaller pieces, but more often I use utensils to remove tomato or lettuce.

NY style? No.

Chicago style? Why would I eat that? But if I have to, I may opt for knife and fork.

I use utensils when I am eating reheated pizza, I cut off the tips and eat those with a fork. The stuff that is still supported by a stable crust is eaten by hand.

I am gluten intolerant so my choice of pizza crusts are limited. I have not yet found a decent pre-made one.

Ditto.

That reminds be of The Nanny episode where Fran did that to trick her body into thinking she was only eating once slice. :smack: I think it’s also common in Argentina, but the top slice is a chickpea product instead of regular pizza.

Sentence Fragment!

C’mon you idiots! Love language just as much as you love the ‘Za!
Here’s the truth: Pizza should be great walkin’, or a cuttin’.

'Nuff said.

I should have voted “no” since the only exception is rather trivial. Normally (e.g., delivery pizza, or even the frozen home-bake kind) utensils never come out. If the pizza is too sloppy, I don’t order from that source again, unless it was a fluke.

The exception is that our cafeteria has pizza by the slice, and if I’ll be eating it in the cafeteria, I grab a fork because some of the mushrooms or onions invariably spill onto my plate, and I want to eat them but not by using my fingers. Pretty slim exception.

I’ve got a new joint. Plenty of space out back.

A friend has built a pizza oven behind his house. I want to build one behind mine. I live in Columbus, Ohio, the home of Donato’s.

I’ll be damned if I will cut a pizza I make in my own oven the way Donato’s cuts it. That is an abomination!

Absolutely not (with an asterisk for the couple of times I’ve had Chicago deep dish). My father, however, always does. But then he also reheats pizza in the microwave and is therefore not to be trusted in these matters.

Then there’s the Yogi Berra quote when he was asked if he wanted his pizza cut in six slices or eight. Yogi replied, “Six! I don’t think I can eat eight.”

I have OCD, and a full beard. Between the two—mostly the latter these days, thankfully—I typically eat very carefully. :smiley:

People don’t realize how important this issue is for New Yorkers. If you ever see someone who claims to be from New York eating pizza with utensils, call them out on it, as the new Mayor of that fine city got called out on Friday…

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/pizza-pros-respond-de-blasio-forkgate-article-1.1575910

I mostly eat Chicago style with my hands but every so often I’ll get a Malnati’s butter crust that just needs the fork and knife. Thin crust is always eaten out of hand.

A very legitimate argument can be made for excepting your boorish behaviour in this one case, Mr. Jett.

However…

In the future, perhaps you should avail yourself of the plentiful abundance of paper napkins provided in our wonderful cafeteria.

Too many varieties of pizza in the US. A great big slice of NY stile gets folded in half and eaten like a taco. Go to the Midwest, and you get pizza soup. Can’t we all get along?

Had pineapple and spaghetti pizza once. Another hemisphere, they get points for trying.

If we order out, we just pick it up and eat it. Same if we dine out, because we don’t ever order deep dish.

If I make it, we use utensils because its so deep it almost fills my iron skillet. I’m not sure I should even call it pizza.

I’ve go nothing against utensils, I just see pizza as a convenience food, and the most convenient way to eat a pizza is with your hands. I don’t recall ever having a pizza that is so gooey and messy that I couldn’t, and I’m not sure I would really think of it as pizza if that happened.

Don’t think I’ve ever had pizza soup around here (and “around here” I mean Chicago, Wisconsin, Indiana.) If anything, the problem is more often the opposite: the pizza is so crispy that it can’t be folded over (“Cracker crust” and all that.) But there is a wide range of pizza. “Soupy” to me usually describes the center of a Neapolitan-style pizza. Well, maybe more “Soft and moist” rather than “soupy.”

Sometimes. If it’s really hot or sloppy I will eat a few bites with a fork until it cools and/or becomes more manageable to pick up. Don’t judge me.