Do you wear a watch?

I used to wear a watch until I started getting a rash underneath it. Now I have to ask people what time it is, which is a pain.

I haven’t had a wrist watch in years, but I do wear a pocket watch whenever I leave the house. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a fob pouch to carry the watch so I have been wearing an inexpensive watch that has a clasp you can wear on your belt loop. I’ll probably never go back to a wrist watch again.

I feel naked without mine, too. I have a $150 Fossil Blue that I found on the side of the road almost two years ago. Haven’t taken it off since.

Pussy Galore wore a Rolex GMT in Goldfinger. The GMT II is better because the hour hand and the 24-hour hand (a nice thing on a pilot’s watch) are independently adjustable. The watch looked good on her.

Only if I’m dressing up. When I’ve had office jobs, I used my Palm and/or pager to keep up with the time.

Can’t stand being without a watch.

My everyday watch is a Timex DataLink Ironman that I bought about 4 years ago. One battery change, a new band, and it still is going strong. Plus I like the DataLink function where I can keep nformation like phone numbers and the like in the watch.

My dress watch is a gold-tone Seiko with a gold expansion band.

And my collectible watch is a beautiful 14K gold automatic winding Cyma with the Masonic symbol in the center. It was given to my Dad when he was Worshipful Master of a Masonic lodge in 1954. I wear it on occasion, but it does not keep the most accurate time, so it’s very rare that watch comes out to be worn.

I have a collection of over 60 watches. Wear them as the mood strikes or give them to friends. I have a large wrist and I used to favor sport chrongraphs, but have become enamored of mechanical auto-winders, dive watches and auto-calendars in the last few years. Mix of lot of different styles, but mostly higher end Seikos.

I can’t stand to be without one. I have a mild obsession with time. I do usually have to buy plastic watches because I’m allergic to nickel and the metal watches gave my wrist a rash.

Speaking of wrists, mine is pasty white.

jehovah68, my brother gave me that watch for Christmas. I rarely wear it though, because it’s huge and has a tendency to talk when I bump it. “Heeeey kids, it’s storytime!”

I don’t wear one. Watches make me late for work. I wore one in high school for a while until I found out I was a chronic clock watcher.

Can’t stand to have anything around my wrists. Too loose and they slide all over the place, any tighter and I feel like I’m being constricted. I did wear a ring watch for a little while but it didn’t last and it was a little too big.

I can always get the time from my cell phone, wall clock, car radio or whereever.

Besides, not having to remove a watch is just one step closer to being naked, which is always a good thing… :wink:

I will wear a watch if I have one, but they always seem to break in a year, maybe two. So I will go for a year with a watch, one without, etc…Right now, I am watchless. I like having a watch, because I like to know the time, and my internal clock isn’t good when I’m conscious (although when I’m asleep, it’s very good. I can always wake up at the time I need to, no need for an alarm clock.)

When I do wear one, it goes off and on a lot. If I’m typing, or working at my desk, I take it off. It’s especially odd when at my computer, because of the mouse. I wear it on my right hand. But I am not left-handed. When I started to wear a cheap watch back in elementary schoo, my reasoning was that “I’m right-handed, it goes on my right-hand.” People have tried to tell me that I’m “wrong” because it needs to go on the left hand, well, too bad. I tried to wear one on my left wrist once…it was there for five seconds before I had to remove it, it felt so odd.

On and off. When I am at the computer I take it off. But I need it at work. I have a boy on my bus that has seizures so I need to be able to time them to tell his mother. Mostly though I have my phone.

Same here. Got fed up with the regular watches…became fascinated with pocketwatches. Aquired one from Target and despite its cheap appearence I love it to death, and its worked wonderfully for me for about five years.

Wear digital watches since I was 10 and started off with a tiny Casio ladies’ watch.

Lost my next one by tossing it onto a desk. It cracked the face.

My next watch ran on some sort of evil demon machine that required a battery change once every 10 years - during which it ate through 4 straps.

My current watch is my first ‘adult’ analoge. It’s a solar-powered Citizen Eco-drive with a stainless steel strap. It’s shiny. :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m wearing a stainless steel Eco-Drive too. :slight_smile:

I went watch-less during my years of student poverty (the mobile phones I had at the time displayed the time anyway), but treated myself to the Eco-drive after I graduated. I like this watch a lot: it’s nice enough to wear out, without being too flashy or pretentious.

I haven’t worn one in years. I’ve worn them in the past on and off. I found that if you wear one you become a slave to it. You look at it even when it doesn’t matter what time it is. If you stop wearing one for awhile you keep looking at your wrist and feeling dumb. So I’ve decided that I never want to wear one again.

[sup]As a non-watch wearer, I must make one confession. If the majority of the people stopped wearing a watch, I would be in trouble, so I do not want you to think I am against wearing a watch in general.[/sup]

I always wear a watch (except while in bed or in the shower). I’d go nuts without it. While other clocks are usually around I usually look at my watch anyway, just to confirm that the time on other clocks matches up with mine. I hate asking anyone for the time and I don’t trust that they’ll give me the right time. I got my first watch when I was in the sixth grade. The watch I have now is a Timex digital LCD with Indiglo™. It’s been going since May of 1996 without a battery change. The buttons on the right are hard to push, though as they’ve become recessed.

Count me among those that feel naked without a watch. I, too, have the watch tan. I’ve got 6 now:

An old Timex that was my grandfather’s. Yes, it has taken a lickin’ and keeps on tickin’.

A Lorus that belonged to my SO’s father. Very nice, rectangular shape with alligator band.

A Casio for running, working outside, etc.

My father’s Hamilton Rail Road watch that he bought for $100 in 1954. He says that my mother cried when she found out how much he had to pay for it, sure that they’d never eat again. At the time, the conductor could come up to you and ask to see your watch. It had to have the same time as his or you were in deep shit.

Another Hamilto pocketwatch that belonged to my grandfather.

And my “good” watch - a 1977 Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Just. I love this damn watch more than I should.

I wear a watch 24/7 and I couldn’t live without one!

I have 1 primary watch and 2 secondary watches.

My primary is a Quiksilver watch with a stainless steel body and strap. I love this watch!

My secondary watches are a Guess watch with a leather strap and a Fossil indiglo watch with a SS strap.

All my watches must have illuminated arms and a ratchet bezel.

MtM

I did up until eight days ago. It was stolen. By the repair shop.

Actually, the band broke, I dropped it off to get a new one put on, and when I happened to stroll by the shop a few days later it was completely empty…display cases, wall decorations, counter, everything gone. Haven’t gotten around to solving the mystery yet.

I have a Seiko 150 Chrono that does what I need. Its water proof to 150 meters, shock proof, has a second clock dial for secondary time zones, an alarm, and a stop watch/timer.

While I’m generally easy going in a number of respects, I’m a pain in the neck when it comes to what I want a watch to do. When my wife and I finally found this watch, my wife turned to me and asked “Do you like it?” I told her “yes”. She then replied “Good. Because if you ever lose it, you need to know that I’ll Kill You before I’ll ever go through all This again.”

PS- It looks like this: http://images.ashford.com/ash/p14141.jpg