Do you wear a watch?

I can’t wear a watch - they speed up and eventually stop. I am very time conscious. It drives me crazy if the clock on my truck/VCR/microwave aren’t working and aren’t co-ordinated. But like **Audrey Levins[/b[, I have a very good internal time sense, so I’m rarely late.

StG

Yes. I have one I usually wear, plus two old watches that I can’t bring myself to throw out (they’re a bit tatty these days). I’d quite like a new one.

Very occasionally I try to go without a watch, but in my line of work I’m constantly shuttling between meetings so it’s a bit of a non-starter. My internal clock is usually pretty good (I usually wake up a minute or two before my alarm clock sounds) but not when I’m hungover or knackered. I also use the clock on my mobile phone.

No. I used to wear one regularly, almost religiously, but I got out of the habit a couple of years ago; don’t really remember why. Now I find it annoying. I’ll wear one if I have to, like if I’m dressed formally or if I’m running from place to place on a tight schedule, but I hate the way it feels. Last week I was in technical training, so I had to have a watch to keep track of myself on lunch breaks, but while I was sitting at my computer during class I took my watch off and put it on the table next to my PC. It’s too bad, because I have a couple of watches that are cool enough that people comment on them and want to know where I got them.

Yes. My watch only comes off when I take a shower, or if I go swimming.

Any kind of watch will do, but I must have one on at all times.

Always. I started wearing a watch in 7th grade and I don’t think I’ve gone a day without it since (I’m currently in 18th grade … gotta love grad school). The current one is 6-7 years old - just the basic small Timex Ironman. I’ve gone through several bands - I use the all velcro The Band ones. I have a few cheap not-digital ones around for occasions that the digital / black velcro isn’t appropriate - but I find those times to be few and far between.

I’ve worn one pretty much every day since I was seven (I’m 21 now); I never have more than one at a time though.

I tend to spend a lot on mine;, given how much wearing they get, I call it a good investment.

I only take it off to swim, shower, or sleep- and occasionally if I’m getting friendly with a girl with long hair. I feel naked without it…

Yep. It’s a Lorus that I wear whenever I step out. Before it was given to me (I never buy watches 'coz they just don’t interest me) I had a digital Casio that was on my wrist literally 24/7; in the shower, swim, sleep, sports… at one point it had been on my wrist for around three years without ever being removed.

My watch has become my way of differentiating days off from working. Seriously.

I wore one all through college and pretty much every day I was in the Air Force (10 1/2 years). The only time I didn’t wear one was on vacation.

I’ve now moved on to the (relatively) cushy life of the airlines, which means MUCH more time off than while in the AF. I have to wear a watch while working (a trusty 14-year old Seiko chronograph), and I’ve gotten into the habit of purposely not wearing a watch on my days off. Just a little reminder that my time is my own today.

I keep one in my pocket, but only when I leave the house. I have a sort of “loading my pockets” ritual whenever I need to go somewhere… watch, wallet, keys, sunglasses, pocketknife…

Yes, for work. A Bulova, with a stainless-steel expansion bracelet.

I have highly acidic skin, and the leather straps on my other watches would wear out really quickly, like within 6 months, and then I’d lose the watch. This expansion-bracelet is a godsend.

A former live-in lover used to say he knew I was mentally “home from work” when I took my watch off and put it into my jewellry dish, but I wear my watch pretty much whenever I leave the house.

I wear a lime green, talking Krusty the Clown watch.

Watch on 24/7.
It’s a Tag hueur, had it so long that the numbers on the bezel have worn off and it’s on band number six (soon to be number seven…another $80 bucks). I’ve got the watch tan as well. I can’t kill this watch which is why I’ve had it so long, a much appreciated/well used gift from the old man!

I usually wear a watch, but sometimes I’ll forget it as I’m leaving my apt. I wear a Fossil watch that’s at least 9 years old (I got it before high school as a Christmas present). It’s on its second band, and it looks a little grungy, but it has history (sorta).

I’ve been thinking about getting a pocket watch, but haven’t gotten around to it. I have a hard enough time keeping just one watch batteried.

There are only two circumstances in which I feel compelled to wear a watch: work and flying.

Work because they expect me to be punctual, and since they’re paying me I feel somewhat obligated to cooperate.

Flying, because I need to know elapsed time fairly precisely for navigational purposes and the damn clocks in the freakin’ rental planes never seem to work.

What I would like for flying is an analog watch with a REALLY BIG DIAL (digital readouts can get washed out in the bright sunlight, or can be hard to see with sunglasses) that looks OK on a female wrist - in other words, it doesn’t look like I ripped off my dad or something. The assumption seems to be that women want teeny tiny little watches that are more fashion accesories than useful chonometers. No, sometimes we want to actually be able to know what time it is.

I wear a Casio calculator watch that also has a telephone number list, timer, and stopwatch, among other things. One of the bands is currently held together with gaffer’s tape. And upon looking at it while reading this thread, I realized that the batteries are really low, dammit.

<Tommy Chong> “I’m not Into Time, Man”>

Nope. Don’t wear a watch. Don’t carry a thermometer either.

I got my first watch, a Hopalong Cassidy, when I ws nine. I’ve always worn one since and don’t feel dressed without it. What I wear is a cheap $20 analog that I bought at Vons about two years ago. It runs fine, looks ok, and I have no desire for a Rolex even if I could afford one. I wish I still had my original “Hoppy” watch. It would probably be worth more than my car. :wink:

I love my watch. I had a neat Green Eggs and Ham watch but the battery died and apparently killed it because new batteries don’t work in it. Now I wear a neat watch/charm bracelet. I have to know the time, it drives me crazy not knowing what time it is. I have clocks all over my house and my handy watch ticking away on my wrist.

I have absolutely zero time sense, which I once heard is a sign of schizophrenia. :slight_smile:

I always have to wear a watch- like some others have said, I feel naked without one. For the last 6 years now, I’ve had a Casio Explorer- in addition to telling the time and being water resistant to 300 meters, it’s also got a compass, barometer, thermometer, and altimeter. I love a good gadget.

In my defense of wearing something that complicated, I do hike and camp a lot, so most of those functions have come in handy several times.