Doctor tells Obama voters to get lost

Hell, I don’t think college professors ought to be expressing their political views to their clients (students) or putting up posters or signs in their offices expressing their political viewpoints. (And I’m a liberal college professor myself at a fairly liberal college where that sort of thing is fairly common, and is widely defended on the grounds of stimulating intellectual discourse and what-not.)

No way do I think that doctors are ethically entitled to smear this sort of ideological bullshit over their professional image. Guy’s a dipshit.

I know if I had a urologist I’d want them to have an Invisible Hand!

I think you misunderstood – looked to me like BigT was advocating going in and finding out what HIPAA violations exist in this guy’s practice and nailing the guy for them – and there surely would be some, because “[BigT has] never seen a place in the sticks that didn’t have them.”

HIPAA violations are more prevalent than you think. My organization has a medical compliance division that works with the DHHS on HIPAA matters. There are complaints submitted and investigations initiated for confidentiality breaches at clinics, hospitals, doctors offices and pharmacies in my local tri-state area almost every week, mostly by patients, but sometimes by clinicians, coordinators, etc… because of staff who either don’t fully understand the privacy rule, falsely presume they’re not the covered entity in referral cases, are inadequately trained in GCP, overwhelmed with paperwork, or simply don’t care, and sometimes because of sloppy CRAs and mismanaged CROs in clinical trial recruitment or retention cases. In a surprisingly high percentage of cases, when an HHS agency proxy is assigned to follow up on a HIPAA related complaint, at least one violation is found. BigT is not as incorrect as you would like him to be, your sarcasm aside.

Please pardon the hijack.

No, he’s a urologist, not a proctologist.

Don’t urologists do prostate exams?

Only if you tip them well.

wha…? I think you also misunderstood – there wasn’t any sarcasm in my post. I was just explaining what I thought BigT was saying. I don’t think BigT was incorrect at all. In fact, I’d be surprised if there were any doctor’s offices at all that are 100% compliant with HIPAA; my kids’ doctor still has “Reason for visit?” on their sign-in sheet with everybody’s name printed right next to their medical problems. which seems bad to me.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up. I’m sure there will be plenty of teabaggers coming in to see him just because of this sign.
Anyway, what is the general consensus in the medical community about the Healthcare Bill? The AMA, after all, did wind up endorsing it, so obviously some doctors must have thought it was a good idea.

I am enchanted by the poetic vividness of your metaphor. I’d applaud, if I only knew what it meant. :smiley:

This is similar to a child taking all his toys and going home because his side lost.

I say fuck him, the douche.

I am so fed up with the way politics in our country are going.

GOP: you lost. Now instead of sulking, fix it.

During all this debate over health care, all I heard from the GOP were stories of doom and gloom. Period. No constructive input at all from their side.

The morons running the GOP lost the party it’s power and instead of excepting that loss and constructively moving on, they act like spoiled shits throwing a tantrum.

I wish that a real conservative with intelligence and honor would take the party back, realizing the defeat, and work constructively to improve the legislation.

I see red thinking about it.

I apologize. I misconstrued what you were saying.

Okay, since this is the pit, and I just got back from a brewery tour, I’m about to tell it like it is.

This sums up so perfectly what is currently wrong with America, and as I say that, yes, I am aware that there are things wrong with other places, including Canada.

But the fact that this guy chose to exclude Obamanites means he is the new prodigal son for the Republican Party and Fox News, which is important because James O’Keefe is still awaiting trial.

Notice that what this guy did is entirely reprehensible as a HUMAN let alone the fact that he is a board certified physician. The shit he did is wrong on so many levels, regardless of what political party he choose.

But, because he choose to shit on Obama supporters, Republicans have to come to his defense. And they will! Hannity, Beck, and O’Reilly are working feverishly to lift him up on their pedestal.

If you noticed a lack of conservative posts to this thread it’s because the email hasn’t gone around to tell them what to say yet. But come Monday, we’ll have a string of attacks telling us it’s this guy’s right to accept or reject who ever he wants.

The joke is that yes, you could mount a legal case for this guy. But why? He’s a giant douche. What he did was a shitty fucking moronic thing to do. Why would you defend him?

And defend him they will. I look forward to the Daily Show and Colbert on Monday night when they make fun of the fact that this doctor is the new conservative hero. Taking his stand against big government, and all sorts of other shit.

So conservatives, here is your chance. Take a stand, and declare this guy a douche. Ignore what Hannity and Ann Coulter tell you. Delete the email they tell you to forward. Acknowledge that what this guy did was shitty, regardless of the fact that you are also happy he stuck it to Democrats.

You fucked it up with O’Keefe because you were so happy he was taking down ACORN. Don’t fuck up again this time. Just like O’Keefe, there is a pretty good chance this guy is also going to do another stupid thing within a year. And given that he’s a urologist (and not just a shitty pretend journalist) do you really want to have him as your poster boy?

As far as generating business for his practice, that’s not going to happen; he’s the only urologist in Mount Dora. There are two towns about ten miles away, Tavares and Eustis, and each has two urology practices, but I highly doubt more than a dozen patients will switch (in either direction) because of this.

The really sad part is that he’s an excellent doctor. Before opening his own practice he was the head surgeon at Florida Hospital Waterman, which is about as good a facility as boondocks hospitals get.

Strictly speaking, he’s not turning anyone away; he’s just encouraging them to go elsewhere. Hence my OP - he’s not really violating the Hippocratic oath, or the Florida Medical Associations’s ethics rules, or the law; he’s just being a tool.

If you mean the Invisible Hand of the Marketplace, as in seeing his patients (customers) drop him like a bad habit, then so be it. Like they say, money talks and bullshit walks.

I could have fun with that. One time I could just say “I don’t feel good”. Next time it could be “I’m bored and there’s nothing on television” :slight_smile:

No, I didn’t meant generating business for his practice, he’s done with urology, I meant for his career in national broadcasting.

He’s a doctor, that is shitting on supporter of Obama-care. Hell, just being a doctor that speaks out against HCR will get you a guest spot on Fox and Friends. This guy went out of his way to stick it to liberals. He will have his own show on Fox within 6 months.

He talks like he’s in the middle of a game of Chubby Bunny, but otherwise you’d probably be right.

The guy’s an idiot and an asshole. Consider the sign a public service for people who don’t want an idiot asshole doctor.

After UHC takes effect, you can also say “I just got gmmint-run health insurance and I’m gonna use that shit just because. Can you take a look at this hang nail?”