Doctor tells Obama voters to get lost

Make sure you go to a cardiologist’s office to do that. :wink:

Are you serious? I was making a joke.

I forgot to add the smiley in Post 40. Sorry.

I pretty much agree with that. Personally, I would not go to a doctor who posted such a sign even if I agreed with his politics.

Dude, this dipshit is doing enough PR damage around here without you making it worse.

I’d go.

Me: I’m here as a patient. And I voted for President Obama.

Dr. Cassell: Did you read the sign?

Me: Yup. But I know you can’t refuse to take me as a patient, so your sign is pretty irrelevant to me.

Dr. Cassell: Umm. All right, then, how can I help you today?

Me: I’ve come to see you about this hangnail.

Dr. Cassell: You do realize that I’m a urologist, yes?

Me: I know. I peed on it.

:smiley:

I dunno, I’d say posting a sign telling Obama voters to seek care elsewhere is in fact turning them away. Its nice that he won’t actually turn them away if they come in, but that fact is basically a secret to anyone who shows up at his door and reads the sign. Plus if you’re driving a car with a bunch of “Obama ‘08’” bumper stickers, are you really going to try and force the issue and get the guy to start operating on your tender bits despite the fact that its against his stated wishes.

My doctor is pretty right-wing while I voted for Obama and supported the Health Care bil, and we occasionally discuss politics while I’m there. But I certainly don’t have any problem receiving treatment from him, because I’m quite confident that he can keep his feelings about my political opinions out of hi s work. If he starts posting signs around his office telling Obama voters to take a hike, I certainly wouldn’t have the same confidence in him.

I have trouble believing the Florida Medical Association will let this go. It makes the profession look bad.

ETA: from the AMA code of Medical ethics

I’d say the sign breaks this rule.

What? I said you have a good hospital. With a minor qualification.

The FMA has been pretty outspoken about its own opposition to the HCR bill, so they’re probably quietly cheering him on.

Oh, he’ll be a hero all right – the Freepers are all sucking his dick over this.

They have to. To get involved would make them “liberals.”

The problem is that it only makes the profession look bad to Democrats. Republicans think the guy is a hero. So if the FMA gets involved, they have to pick a side, are their Democrats or Republicans?

There’s no reason they need to identify as republican or democrat. How about just “an organization with some integrity with regards to its rules”?

Yea, I don’t really see ‘not having doctors make their patients walk past a sign that says “your not welcome here” to 52% of the population’ as a partisan issue. I’m sure some folks will try and spin it like that (including the urologist in question) , but I don’t think they’ll get much mileage from it. Especially since, as already mentioned, the FMA was against the Health Care bill in the first place.

Nope, it would be nice, but nope. He was turning away Democrats. To scold him would make the FMA Democrats. It’s pure partisan politics.

The easiest thing to do would be to report the guy to the Board for medical ethics violations, citing the rule above.

Good for him!!

Considering that Obamacare will more than likely destroy his practice, I say kudos to him for having the balls to stand up for himself.

His actions are highly ethical and instead of pissing, moaning and whining like the lot of you are, you should be applauding him for them.

Explain.

And it begins…

I can’t - I’m Jewish.

I guess this moron took the Hypocritic Oath.

Y’know, Obamacare is now a law. Passed by Congress, signed by the President. If in fact, the health care law will destroy his practice, it’s a done deal. How does his refusal to treat people who voted for Obama anything other than a petulant temper tantrum that violates his Hippocratic Oath?

I don’t know why I’m bothering to ask, since your political posts are invariably drive-bys, but in what possible sense are his actions “highly ethical”?