Doctor Who challenge - 100 characters

Okay, in honor of the new series finally materialzing on the Sci-Fi channel, let’s give this a whirl. The usual rules apply. And I’ll establish the rule that various incarnations of Tiime Lord characters may be counted as separate entities, but be specific about whom you mean.

With that, I’ll start off with the Doctor #3 (Jon Pertwee): “While no one was looking, I reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.”

Daleks (I can’t believe I got to grab this one!)

K9.

I’ll avoid the obvious and say Meglos.

My favorite sidekick ever: Leela.

Doctor: Would you like a jelly baby?
Leela: It’s true, then! They say the Evil One eats babies.
Doctor: You mustn’t believe all they say.

Well, I’m not above the obvious. The Doctor #9 (ya know, the hottie :smiley: ) - “I’m the Doctor, by the way. Run for your life.”

Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart. “Just once, I’d like to meet an alien menace that wasn’t immune to bullets.”

Tegan Jovanka: “Call yourself a Time Lord? A broken clock keeps better time than you! At least it’s right twice a day, which is more than I can say for you.”

Having recently seen Curse of Peladon: Alpha Centauri. Might as well add King Peladon while I’m at it.

The Beatles.

(yes, they did actually appear in one episode)

Tremas (AKA The Master :wink: )

The Meddling Monk.

On of the Doctor’s more obscure, and most interesting villains, since he really wasn’t doing anything all that bad. If he had suceeded, Shakespeare’s Hamlet would have had its first performance on TV, not on the stage and there would have been jet aircraft in by AD 1320. His only crime was that he was meddling – something, as was pointed out to the fourth doctor, that the doctor did himself. Later, he joined with the Daleks and was marooned, but he was probably just bitter that the doctor had been trapped in 1066 England without his phonograph.

I’d love to see the series bring him back.

The Cybermen…

better stock up on gold dust now…

Dear Sarh Jane.

“Oh, Doctor, sometimes you don’t seem—!”

That is of course Sarah Jane.

Romana #2. But I can’t think of any quotes right now.

Brian

Captain Jack Harkness - “Who looks at a screwdriver and says ‘yeah…this could be MORE sonic?’”

Autons

Adric.

The novelty of these threads is wearing off a bit, though.

Bin Liner of the Yellow Kang (or Blue – I don’t recall which) from Pardise Towers

Probably the funniest name in the show (though Fire Escape from the same episode is close). Americans might think the name is arabian, but it is the British version of “Trash Bag.”