Does Amazon Prime always censor content?

F bomb confirmed on Netflix Canada.

You must have the parental controls on. I didn’t know it would do that. Interesting.

No, it’s hard wired into the Lincoln Lawyer episodes Amazon streams. They just used an edition probably intended for broadcast TV. Almost certainly not intentional. Amazon is just sloppy in the way it throws up it’s content. There are several slightly different versions of the same films or TV shows offered with nothing to distinguish them but the thumbnail picture used. Because of this, you’ll often find people arguing online about the video or sound quality of things they saw on Prime, because they weren’t watching the same versions. Human beings really aren’t involved in most Amazon processes, so this sort of thing happens all the time.

Bumping this because there is relevant news:

Evidently the problems related to poorly managed streaming catalogs are pervasive.

Since we’re talking about Prime Video’s sloppiness in general now, last year I wanted to watch the film Argentina, 1985, one of last year’s nominee for the Oscar for Best International Picture. It was included with Prime Video, but all they had was the English dubbed version. I would have preferred to watch it in the original Spanish with subtitles, but that wasn’t an option.

I’m pretty disillusioned with streaming

I saw a Reddit thread where Paramount+ announced it’s dropping the first seven seasons of Bluebloods. Only 11 days warning!

Heck it just went on that platform about six months ago.

I’m watching several episodes every night. Hoping to finish 2 more seasons before it’s gone. I won’t get to see all the seasons.

They pulled the same crap with NCIS LA a couple years ago. That time I missed the warning. It just disappeared.

Sometimes Blu Ray is a better option. Especially when it’s a full season on a couple disks.

Streamers are once again forgetting that their entire business model is that they are slightly more convenient that piracy.

Speaking of Paramount+, last month I was watching Colin From Accounts. I don’t usually binge watch stuff, so I watched the first episode, then came back the next week to watch the next one. In the middle of watching it I realized I was actually watching episode 3. Somehow episodes 2 and 5 were just completely missing from Paramount+. A few days later those episodes reappeared. I don’t know exactly what happened there; it was almost as if they had removed them my mistake and then quietly re-added them.

Fallout is on Amazon and completely uncensored. I think it may be the only scripted series I’ve ever seen to use the word “cock” in a sexual context, even.