Does Amazon Prime always censor content?

I’ve started watching The Lincoln Lawyer series. Episodes from Season 1 have all the curse words bleeped. Words like shit air on network tv now. But it’s bleeped by Amazon?

The dialog in this show is salty and adult. Shit,fuck muthafucker are said often and the bleeps are insulting and annoying.

There’s only one version of this show listed on Amazon. They don’t even offer a package deal for season 1. You have to buy each episode separately.

Now I’m suspicious violence and nudity may be censored too?

I see Amazon gives a episode rating. TV-MA It seems like that would allow profanity.

Amazon doesn’t censor foul language. You’ve got a profanity/adult content filter switched on somewhere in your settings.

I thought The Lincoln Lawyer was a Netflix exclusive. At least, that’s what I’ve been watching it on.

Season 1 and the original movie are available on Amazon. I’m paying $1.99 per SD episode. It’s 2.99 for HD.

I’ll look through my Prime settings but foul language is beeped out and the cc shows sh** or F*** etc.

There’s a liberal amount of salty language and I have no way of knowing if other adult content is missing.

I’ve never had Netflix and can’t compare how these episodes are aired there.

Only thing I found in Prime video settings is a PIN for adult material. That would be useful for parents concerned about their kids.

My Amazon App on Vizio TV has a Who is Watching click in screen. There’s my Name and a Icon for Kids and New. They’re considered profiles.

Looked at profile settings for my name. That directs me to a web page to set a PIN or lock on the profile.

It’s pretty customizable. A young child’s profile would be set differently from a high schooler. The parents would have full access.

Oh well, I guess this is how Netflix prepped the material for use on Amazon Prime.

Btw I did just double check Ep 4. At the beginning the lawyer says hell and its heard. The cop says “What the Fuck are you hiding?”, the curse is muted and the cc shows F***.

Its not a actual beep. It’s muted.

Plenty of the Amazon Prime original shows have swearing so this must be it. Netflix may make their material availabe to others in bowdlerized form to encourage people to subscribe to the platform if they want it complete.

The first episode (only) is free to watch on Amazon Prime, so I watched it to see if it was censored for me. It is: there’s an f-bomb at 20:43 that is muted and shows as f****** in the closed captioning.

Thank you. @Thudlow_Boink

Glad it’s not something with my account settings…

It is an excellent series and worth the $1.99 an episode. I didn’t see a need to spend the extra $1 for HD. SD looks fine on a 42" screen.

I thought for sure it was a settings thing when I read the OP. That’s really sh*tty of Netflix to do that.

Why not subscribe to Netflix? It’s $15.49 per month for HD (4k is more). Wouldn’t that be less expensive?

Lincoln Lawyer is the first Netflix series that I wanted to watch.

I will look at their other productions. I will join if there’s enough original material that I would watch.

It would be worth it for just one month to watch all of the seasons of LL. You can cancel when you’re done.

Well shut my mouth. Maybe it’s being offered on FreeVee, Amazon’s ad-supported streaming app? It sounds like the butchering that’s long been done to content on broadcast TV and basic cable.

I checked with someone watching the show on Amazon Prime, and she says it isn’t censored.

I’m currently watching ElChapo on Netflix. There’s a “motherfucker” a minute, nothing bleeped.

I’ve never seen Netflix edit anything before. They’ve even had films with full on unsimulated sex.

Watch an episode of The Boys on Prime. I assure you, they censor NOTHING.

My guess is Prime is getting post edited for TV recordings of the show.

There is a service called “Clearplay” that can filter videos from other streaming services, including Amazon, but I don’t think that’s something you could stumble into accidentally. It’s a subscription service you have to pay for in addition to whatever service it’s filtering. It does sound like the effect it would have is very similar to what OP is describing, though.

Can someone who has Netflix check whether or not it’s censored there? (As I noted above, there’s an f-bomb at about 20:43 in episode #1.)