Does anyone else think Julie Andrews is hot?

Another vote for hot.

One of my regrets is that while I was working for ConEd she was doing Victor/Victoria on Broadway, and I didn’t take the time to get tickets to see her. It wouldn’t matter whether the show was any damned good - just to have been able to see her live would have been something.

I like Ladies. English ones among them. Deborah Kerr? Rrrrr. Jean Simmons? Mmmmm.

Curiously, I never thought That Way about Julie until I saw her in white tie & tails in Victor/Victoria. I lke tomboys, too, you see. Especially 1930s tomboys, although that movie had about as much to do with the 1930s as Little Caesars Pizza does with the Roman Empire.

Still, nothing beats Valerie Hobson in riding habit, throwing a hissy fit because her boots haven’t been polished properly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Two bits from the Sound of Music.

When she dances with the Captain and gets all out of breath and flustered, and when she comes out of the lake and is completly wet.

Very very hot.

Maybe 50 years ago. You guys do realize she’s 6 years older than Dick Cheney?

Dude, you do realize some of us may lust after silver screen stars? Anne Sheridan, Jean Crain, Gene Tierney, for example, or the stars that Beware of Doug listed. Let’s be honest: for the majority of the public lusting after a movie star is about as likely to prove to be anything beyond a fantasy as lusting after fictional characters. What does the reality matter, when we’re talking about a fantasy on that level?

Not hot at all. A wonderful talent, though. It’s always pissed me off that she got screwed out of playing Eliza in the movie version of “My Fair Lady,” even though it was given to the smoking-hot Audrey Hepburn (except for the part about the singing).

She’s hotter than Dame Wendy Hiller, who managed to get the role of Eliza in the 1938 movie version of “Pygmalion,” but that’s not saying much.

And Myrna Loy. Ever see The Thin Man or The Best Years of Our Lives? Wow.

Sorry for the diversion. Back to Julie Andrews. She’s not Myrna Loy Wow, but pretty Wow nonetheless. Her short haircut in Victor Victoria just really does it for me.

Well, it is certainly your right to dissent.

But that doesn’t stop her from being hot.

RR

What’s your point? Dick Cheney is hot, too, the kind of hot that you’d like to take up the ass.

Chim Cheney Cherooo

Totally hot.

Blake Edwards once told the story of how they met on a talk show I watched. He had trashed her at a party by saying “she’s so damned sweet she probably has violets growing between her legs”. She heard of what he had said and sent him a bouquet of violets saying “I picked these for you”. He was embarassed and invited her to dinner to apologize and evidently ended up picking violets for the next 40 years.

As well as grazing in the violet patch from time to time, I hope.

OK, you’ve proved that she’s both classy and hot, a deadly combination no matter how old she is.

What about Maureen O’Hara?

Some guys have a thing for redheads…it appears John Wayne’s characters did.

Mmmmmm…Maureen O’Hara…
Julie Andrews. Hot. Definitely hot.

I don’t think Julie would fit up your ass, but perhaps you and she could work out something that would. :wink:

*Sally Miles: I am going to show my boobies. Are you here to see my boobies? *

Yes, dear, I certainly am.

Smoking hot.

Hot? Not overly. Desirable, beautiful, sweet, worthy of undying devotion? Yes! :smiley:

On one or two ISIRTAs (long before “S.O.B.”) they played Julie’s songs from “My Fair Lady” with certain words beeped out.

"All I want is a (beep) somewhere,
Far away from the cold night air
With one enormous (beep)
Oh wouldn’t it be loverly? …

Lots of chocolate for me to eat
Lots of coal makin’ lots of heat
Warm (beep), warm (beep), warm (beep)…"

“If you’re in love, (beep) me”

From ISIRTA’s hymn/march-like song, “Julie Andrews, I Love You!”

:smiley:

The rest of the lyrics (with typos) can be found here: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.video.laserdisc/msg/bf849237862c93c1

Yes, she is incredibly hot. I have always had a thing for Mary Poppins. She has such a combination of qualities. Beautiful face, the voice of an angel, and she looks soooo good in business attire. I always wished she was my nanny. But I think I would be going out of my way to be naughty just so she would spank me.

There was a time a couple of years back when we were watching The Sound of Music a couple of times a week for a couple of months (my young son liked it).

I realized one of my big problems with the movie (that I mostly enjoy) is that it wasn’t credible to me that the Captain would fall in love with Maria as she was depicted in the movie. Maria was supposed to be a novice in the convent but she looks every bit of the 30 years Julie Andrews was when the movie was made.

Julie Andrews is talented and apparently smart and has a good sense of humor as well but hot? Not.