Does anyone *like* yellow flavored Starburts or Skittles?

It’s been a long time since I’ve wanted either Starburst or Skittles, but yellows were my favorite for both.

Purple is a fruit.

Yellow Starbursts are my favorite, pink my least favorite.

I just pop all the different colors in my mouth at once. Really. Like a fruit salad.

Yellow Starburst are my favorite. All the rest are just Ok.

Skittles I just eat all the colors together.

Interestingly enough, just looking online, it seems pink is the overwhelming favorite, followed by red, and then either yellow next with orange last, or orange next with yellow last. This site (Warning: stupid ads after you answer the poll and 30-second lockout before you can close it to see the results). So, I’ll summarize: in a poll with 4401 respondents with the quesiton “What’s your favorite Starburst flavor”, it’s 48% pink, 29% red, 12% yellow, 10% orange, 2% “I don’t like any.”

For the Skittles poll on the same site, it’s 44% red, 19% green (although the flavor listed is lime, so keep that in mind), 17% purple, 10% yellow, 10% orange.

So, it’s basically all opposite of my tastes.

When my kid gives me leftover/unwanted Halloween candy and I open up a Starburst two-pack and it’s one red and one yellow, I know it’s going to be a good day.

If it’s two orange, I may as well go back to bed.

If I could get a red, yellow, and purple only Skittles package, I’d buy a bunch.

No way, pink are the best Starburst! Yellow is good if you pair them with green. Same with Skittles. I like to organize mine by flavor, and lemon/lime is the best combo.

I’m naming my next child ‘Starburt’.

I have a hard time choosing a favorite Starburst flavor. I like them all quite well.

Sour apple skittles ruined skittles for me for all time.

I like the green apple Skittles. Had no idea I was such an outlier.

Me too. They’re all just fine an’ dandy.

I’m a weirdo. I like orange Starburst best. Then yellow. Red is a lot worse, and pink is barely edible.

All Skittles used to be awesome. Now they are not. Those green apple ones are vomitrocious and the lack of lime upsets the flavor balance of the whole group.

Individually, I like orange, then yellow, then purple. I don’t usually like purple so I have to remember not to avoid the purple skittles.

Red and Orange starburst are awesome; I think they’re best eaten together. Pink is okay. Yellow is God’s way of gently teaching us to share: they’re either going into your hands or the trash.

Fortunately, they sell large bags of red and pinkstarbursts now. No more having to sift through a handful and sort the good ones out from the orange and yellow.

You’re going to be very disappointed if you do that now as the green Skittles are now green apple flavor.

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a Skittle, though I may have simply forgotten (which doesn’t speak well to their memorability). But the yellow Starbursts were my favorite before diabetes forced them out of my life.

One nice thing about universalalities is that they aren’t so universal.

:smiley:

I’ve always known that yellow and orange starburst are controversial, but I thought it was uniformly acknowledged that red are the best and pink are the worst. The only debate about pink I was previously aware was whether they were worth eating at all, or should just go in the trash. Then I read this thread.

'Round here, a claim of universality is usually synonymous with “all humans.” Then, when there’s the inevitable objection, it devolves to “all right-thinking humans” or “all true Scotsmen”. :smiley: