Does forwarding spam to spam@uce.gov really work?

Georgie Boy, you need a better email provider.

My email provider is fine and i use NIS - Norton Internet Security, which filters most of spam, but since it is a horrible software it very often fails and also it is too slow to receive email sometimes takes several attempts, so sometimes I disable the NIS just to receive email fast and then I see all the spam hat’s coming my way. Utterly useless rubbish being sent again and again and what for? I never bought anything from these annoying, ugly and utterly useless emails. I report them a lot of times, with full headers, if I find one that has traceable contact info.

He needs a dictionary.

That word “terror”, George? I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Your email provider sucks, plain and simple. I have plain ordinary Gmail and get maybe one or two spam emails in my inbox per year. The rest goes to my spam box, which I don’t even bother looking at as it automatically gets emptied every 30 days. I give zero thought to my spam and it bothers me not at all.

Not an endorsement of Gmail. I know many people don’t trust Google. I’m just saying you need to look for something else.

English was made an international language, but then some of them forgot, that not everyone who posts in English is a native English speaker nor an English teacher. In fact I received compliments for my spelling that my spelling and my English is better than at least some natives. Keep in mind, I am not trained in English and please no personal attacks. Be nice (except to spammers).

Once again - unless you are a spammer and defend spammers, I consider spamming (UCE) as a form of terrorism.

I know you “know well” what email provider I use. I use an email provider of my telephone company who uses Gmail for email, which means my email is basically Gmail that is being smtp (or whatever it is called) to my computer. I do receive a few spams and the spam is on the increase on my Gmail. On my other account I use my own domain and have filters set up, but still receive hundreds of spams per day. Now that one has to be my own domain and I can’t use Gmail for it, nor I want to, because I find Gmail and all these “innovations” such as new Paypal website, new yahoo website and new Google Adsense etc. as hundred steps back in time and ugly as hell. For my domain email I use NIS to filter the spam, but as I explained above NIS sucks and this sometimes it is easier to delete spam than get frustrated trying to actually receive email that goes via NIS.

P.S. I just received a bunch of spam to my domain email even if my NIS (Norton Internet “Security”) is turned on. This is not an endorsement for NIS :slight_smile:

Why spamming (UCE) is terrorism or at least a crime of theft. They steal our money, indirectly. Deleting spam takes time. Time is money. Filtering spam costs money. It’s theft. Fax spam was made illegal, yet so many politicians make money from spam. The result, we all pay to receive or filter spam. Why spam is a form of terrorism? Spam is sent by trillions of messages every day to as many users as possible, even cashless kids and people who hate it and never buy anything from spammers. Yet the spammers terrorize people with their rubbish in order to make them buy something or get infected with their spyware and malware, intentionally. Terrorists blow up things. That costs money to rebuild. Spammers can’t blow up things on the internet, but they blow up our time and our money. It’s a form or a branch of terrorism. Terrorizing people with massive amounts of spam: receive it, react to it by buying or reporting it, or delete it or pay to filter it. It is this or this. It is not ordinary terrorism, but a form of intimidation, severe annoyance, and in case of spreading malware and spyware it is destructive terrorism with a purpose of breaking into people’s computers and robbing them out of money, and in some cases terrorists use these tactics. It’s terrorism. A form of.

Fax spam was taken care of, I suppose, because it cost paper, and paper is wood, and wood is our forests. Imaging if for every spam message received we would cut down one tree. Or even better, for every spam message we would throw litter at government building, or mail trash to them, anonymously. How fast would the spam problem be taken care of? I hate spammers no matter what they are and if I meet one, it will not be pretty.

Read this post: Jim's Random Notes - Spam as a form of "terrorism" - accordingly to this post, I think, at the apogeum of spam, either the internet dies or the spammer dies, not the world, not the people, I suppose. Isn’t a spam a form of terrorism that is supposed to kill the internet? A secret agenda, perhaps? I mean, really, how many idiots are there who are attracted to rubbish (spam) messages which sell some rubbish or don’t sell anything. Sending rubbish (destructive materials that explode your mailbox or explode your wallet) with a purpose, even a political one, especially when it comes from communist countries like China or confrontational countries such as Russia or Iran or Israel (who are suspect for 9/11 attacks), it could be quite a form of terrorism. Some countries have an agenda to destroy another culture and they use both terrorism and spamming to achieve that or inflict as much pain (even financially) as possible. Spammers are often hackers and hackers are often terrorists or are hired by terrorists. Saying that spam is NOT terrorism is shooting yourself in a leg. Keep on paying for spam filters, and I will keep on reporting them and fighting them by trying to change to stricter laws. Let’s see who will be more useful to society. SPAM = TERRORISM.

The stupid NIS (Norton) let’s (some) spam through its anti-spam even after I mark it as spam.

Hey there.
I don’t think many people are having the same trouble that you are having. It should be possible to change your practices / provider / software and eliminate much of what ails you.

You don’t think? Really? Wow, you must be living in a fantasy world. A lot of people don’t complain, but when I ask them, they are full of rage and anger against spammers and are ready to “kill the spammer”. Not many? How about millions? Can you really speak for everyone? I would like to also know what industry you represent.

Regarding myself, I did all I could afford. I could probably do wonders if I was rich. My computers are 20 year old and are using Windows XP cause I can;t afford a new computer and when I bough a powerful new PC with Windows 8 in it (HP one) it had so many defects I gave up, returned it, and told to myself, a promise, to never buy electronics unless it is really necessary. Bye-bye Planned Obsolescence. Spammers beware, I know where some of you reside.

I also paid $150 for 3 years of NIS (Norton). Big mistake. When my PC was no good, I bought another used one, and Norton still forced me to pay another $50 to transfer my NIS into it, even that I already paid $150 for 3 years. Big mistake. Never again. Will try Kaspersky next time, or none. Best is none, no consumption, consumer revolt against planned obsolescence, spam, corporate scams (such as Brother printer cartridge scam) and outright corporate greed.

You do not.

You never know, some of his best friends might be spammers.

I swear I do know, but I’m not a violent person, I may spit on his face some day or tell everyone in the mall he’s a spammer to beware. You seem to be protective of spammers, why?

Do you mean zombie spam doesn’t exist, or do you mean e-mail that’s sent out via zombie spam shouldn’t be trusted?

Why such personal attacks? I hate spam and such comments are rubbish and that makes you a rubbish waste of cyberspace as well. I know, there always difficult people on message boards, such as old grumpy women and homosexuals without partners. You should relax and have a life. Oh my Dog, I was just told that this message board is infested with spammers. Can it be true?

laughs hysterically