Does "Hip Hop Abs" Work?

I’ve been seeing this infomercial quite a bit and I think it falls under the too-good-to-be-true category; however, I’ve been reading some reviews/testimonials on different sites and, overall, people seem to have gotten amazing results…inches lost in a week and such. It costs around 80 bucks, but I have seen it on E-Bay starting at $25.00. Which leads me to wonder why there are so many for sale if it works for so well. What are your experiences with this product?

Thanks!

My experience with exercise videos/dvds is that they don’t work very well. I put them on the shelf right next to the player and so far I am in no better shape than before. I think I’ve even watched a couple of them with no better results. I’d be leery of spending $80 or even $25 for something like that.

I’ve heard of people having success with it. I don’t know too much about it personally but it appears to be an aerobic/dance video. If that’s the kind of thing you like and you will do it regularly, I don’t see why you wouldn’t see results. I’ll admit that it does look pretty fun. Now, the one thing that raises an eyebrow for me is the focus specifically one one area (abs). It’s been proven that you can’t spot train to specifically lose weight around your stomach, your hips, or anywhere else for that matter. So if you’re looking to do this video in order to get a six-pack, chances are that’s not going to happen. That’s probably why there are so many of these on eBay—people buy it and a month later they’re not 50 pounds lighter with a six pack, so they give up and sell it. The fat burning cardio and total body burn videos look the most promising to me.