Does MiO really go bad after a month?

MiO is a handy little container of flavoring that fits in your pocket or backpack, and you squirt a little bit of it into water to make a tasty, refreshing soft drink. But it says right on the package (and in the FAQ on the website) that it should be used within 30 days of opening it. I can’t possibly finish one in thirty days, and have stretched it to two months. I’m wondering if anyone else has kept one longer than that, preferably without dying a horrible death from poisoning. Any experiences out there in Dope-Land?

I’ve had open ones for months (like, 6+) and they’re totally fine. I’d think that’s just a CYA thing from them, since they don’t say to refrigerate after opening. The opening itself also essentially seals itself when the bottle isn’t being squeezed, either, so it doesn’t seem likely that stuff can get inside, either.

Huh. Never read the bottle I guess. I’m sure I’m way over a year and apparently not dead yet.

It doesn’t say “it will turn to poison within 30 days.”

I suspect that in their labs they have found out that it starts to taste less good after 45 days. Maybe 45 days of being kept in a hot car or in a pocket. So to keep anyone from ever having less-good-tasting MiO, they tell you to use it up within 30 days.

I drink enough water that I can blow through a bottle in a month. My favorite is the vanilla orange, and followed up by the mocha java. I do the vanilla orange in water or milk [tastes like a creamsicle] and the coffee one in milk [hey, it has caffeine and tastes like a regular coffee light and sweet. About the only real sweet tooth I have is an occasional ice cream and my light splenda sweetened coffee. Been diabetic since 1980 and really prefer salty/vinegary snacks anyway.]