Does peeing on athelete's foot really do anything to help it?

Well, does it???

I am so not borrowing your socks.

Since athlete’s foot usually appears on the soles of the feet, it must be almost impossible to pee on it. Peeing while standing on one foot takes practise (I suspect), and I would have thought only a contortionist could twist the leg round so the sole faces the pee …

Unless you get a friend to do it.

Or you pee on the ground and stand in the puddle.

The mind boggles.

Let’s just say “no”

I wouldn’t try peeing on Mike Tyson’s foot if I were you.

I’m sure the athlete’s foot gets angry and leaves after you pee on it.

Been watching Courage Under Fire, eh? I don’t know, but I’ve wondered if it was true.

It works for me.
I do this 2 or 3 times a week, in the shower. BTW–I bathe or shower daily.

Cleans the problem up great.

I don’t know about Athlete’s Foot but when I was little, an old man told me that if I ever brushed up against a nettle plant in a field, to simply pee on my own leg and that would help neutralize the tiny barbs and help stop the pain. A few weeks later, I was walking in the field in shorts and hit a nettle. It hurt like hell so I did as the man said. Seemed to work.

It’s also a good way to remove leeches, the salt in the pee gets them to release.

Pee is also good if you get stung by jellyfish.

Does anybody know if it works on acne? :smiley:

About a year ago, Jay Leno made a lot of jokes about scientists who studied the question and who concluded that it really does work. I prefer to get my scientific knowledge from a source other than Jay Leno, but it’s the best I can do.

I seem to remember an episode of Friends where Monica was stung by a jellyfish and Joey peed on her leg. Sorry, not exactly fighting ignorance here. :slight_smile:

Actually, Joey got shy and Chandler had to do it. Later in the episode, she said that Chandler could never be her boyfriend, because he’d always be the guy that peed on her. Now, they’re married.

I guess I didn’t really help anyone with that info, did I?

You have to watch out if peeing on a jellyfish sting. If the tentacle is still on you peeing on it will cause more stingers (I know there’s a proper term for that but I don’t know what it is) to fire. Most commonly I’ve heard you shuold pee on sea urchin wounds. The uric acid helps neutralize the poison in the spines (remove the spine first). As gross as it sounds it is a folk cure I’ve seen repeated over and over by locals who live near the water. Also, believe it or not, pee is pretty sterile so your not likely to get an infection from soaking a wound in pee. Nevertheless this seems like a pretty last resort move to me.

Athlete’s Foot takes a fairly long time to treat with rpoper medicine. I can’t see how peeing on it will significantly help unless you soak your foot most of the day.

Of course, IANADoctor so best to talk to a real one before taking my neophyte advice and hurting yourself.

You calling me a contortionist? Come here and say that.

Actually, I could do it standing up (if I chose to do it at all, which I do not). However, for most people, if you can sit cross legged then you’re there.

I found a wierd site on homeopathy that says you should drink it. Mmmmm, yellowishous.

Finally, I rember reading in my SAS Survival Handbook that not only is fresh urine pretty sterile, but it’s great for cleaning wounds (presumably when fresh water is not available).

you are talking about urine therapy. Apart from for athlete foots, this site http://www.healthplusweb.com/alt_directory/urine%20therapy.html says you should use it as eye and ear drops, for rubbing on the hair (promote hair growth), for gargling (though use the middle stream [extra virgin?] urine is best)

Can any dopers let me know if it works?

Actually I read once in a book that after a long march of one or 2 days soldiers in the russian army ( cira 1870’s) peed on each other feet

When a character asked the commanding officer why he was told " it kills the foot rots and the like"

I’ve always wondered the truth to this

One word…

Daktacort

I don’t own shares in them or anything.

Actually I read once in a book that after a long march of one or 2 days soldiers in the russian army ( cira 1870’s) peed on each other feet

When a character asked the commanding officer why he was told " it kills the foot rots and the like"

I’ve always wondered the truth to this

ack double post … you know this happens tons more since we came back …