Does Starbucks spike their coffee?

They have regular drip coffee. Usually they have two or three big thermoses of it ready. Regular coffee be lost in the every expanding milkshake menu at Starbucks.

Yes. Their regular coffee is their single most-selling item. That said, that is in a sea of a lot of drinks. But that’s all I ever order there.

Starbucks roasts their coffee very dark. Just as when you roast anything till it gets very dark at home, this greatly increases the risk that some bits of it will be burnt.

ETA: Right now I can’t figure out how to not sound like I’m talking about roasting something till long after sundown. You know what I mean. :slight_smile:

Starbucks has long been known for over-roasting their coffees, which is what gives them their “burnt” taste. Or at least used to. I don’t find the current blend (Pike’s Place) particularly burnt flavor, but if nelliebly finds it so, it was much worse before that. They introduced Pike’s Place about, I dunno, 10 years ago, in response to these complaints. Of course, the people who were used to and loved Starbucks regular “Bold” blend complained that the new roast was weak and flavorless. At any rate, that’s still their current standard blend and roast, AFAIK, and it’s definitely mellower than what they used to serve by default.

There’s also an even mellower “blonde roast.” It’s not a true blonde roast, as far as I understand it, as it is roasted to the second crack, but it’s their mildest offering.

Yes, BUT HE DIDNT SAY HOW MUCH.!

“Tonne?”

Your location field says San Jose. Is that the one in Cabo San Lucas?

Jeeze…looks like someone has had too much Starbucks coffee! :smiley: