Dog or Cat?

Dogs are cuter, and my boyfriend makes really interesting woof noises.

Cats make cooler noises because they purr and meow.

I’m a dog person. I have owned a cat, but it just wasn’t the same as having a dog. Every dog I’ve owned is more affectionate, more playful (when the cat wants to play he’ll play on his own and you stay the hell away while he does it), and more loyal than a cat. Part of it may just be the fact that I’ve grown up around dogs, but here’s some my my reasons for liking dogs better:

You can’t roll around on the ground and wrestle with a cat, it’s just not the same. A dog wrestles, wags its tail and plays back. A cat scratches the living shit out of you and runs away.

You can’t play Frisbee with a cat either. They don’t chase it, they just sit there and look around, maybe lick themselves a little. They probably aren’t even aware you threw the Frisbee. The dog will not only chase the Frisbee, but bring it back!

Same goes for fetching balls or sticks. The dog doesn’t care what you throw, he’ll bring it back to you. The only drawback I’ve seen to this activity: Don’t take your dog when you go golfing.

Ever try to get a cat to sit, roll over, play dead, shake hands, or stay? There’s a reason you see many dogs trained to do this and very few cats - the cats don’t give a shit what you’re saying.

Snenc argues:

This is because guide cats invariably led people dependent on them directly into heavy traffic :stuck_out_tongue:

Both. I have both cats and dogs. But, I do consider myself to be more of a cat person.

Errr, except for psycats, that is.

But, I really don’t consider you a pet, hon. No matter what those other people say. :wink:

I love animals in general, but I’m mostly a cat person. I grew up with both a dog and cat, but now I live in an apartment where a dog won’t fit, so we only have a cat. Mr. Del was a determined dog person until we got our cat. Now he and the cat are best friends. If the house was burning down, he would save the cat, and then maybe run back in for me.

And Crunchy Frog, believe it or not, he does get down on the floor and wrestle with the cat. The cat loves it, and keeps his claws in. We did teach him one trick (or he decided to do one trick, I guess) which is that if you stand next to the bed and call him, he will bounce on the bed and then leap on to your shoulders. It’s important to be wearing a heavy sweater, because he does use his claws when he lands on you. He then perches on your shoulder, like a little monkey, while you walk around the house. We call this a “trick,” but I’m sure he thinks of it as having his servants take him on an inspection tour of the upper parts of his domain. He has frightened guests who are innocently standing in the bedroom by leaping on them (When Housecats Attack! – maybe I should pitch this to Fox).

Gryffin (the cat) won’t exactly put his head on your lap if you have a bad day, but he will come and sit on the couch next to you, sort of as if to say “I don’t want to invade your personal space, but if you want to pet me, I’m here for you.”

–respectfully submitted, by the owner of the Most Spoiled Cat in the World

I like dogs, but only if they don’t hump my leg every four minutes and lick their manhood in the time between.

I’m not planning on two puppies at once. I’ll probably start with a female first, then when she’s about a year old or so, get a male to breed with her. I know how difficult puppies can be, and don’t consider myself to be a masochist. But once I start breeding, I’ll have about 6-8 puppies to deal with for 8 weeks, so I might be wrong about the masochism. But my dogs should be able to help me out, once they get old enough.

How many Border Collies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Just one. And it’ll replace any wiring that’s not up to code.

[singing]

Catdog, cat-dawg…
alone in the world, a little catdog!

[/singing]

I like em both.

:: runs back to genectics lab ::