Don Knotts: Stud!

A&E is currently running a Biography on Don Knotts, and everyone keeps saying that Don was a real ladies man! Judging by the photos of his ex-wife and girlfriends, I’d have to say that they were right. (His daughter, whom they inviewed, is hot!) Hard to believe old “Shakes” had it in him!

Hm… Well, I’ve always found a good sense of humor to be sexually appealing, but… Don Knotts? :confused:

Mr. Furnie ???

Gotta admit it would be cool to have a father-in-law that’s just like Don Knotts though.

hey- as Vonnegut said- ya never know who’s gonna get one! :wink:

Maybe it’s just a bunch of Ghost World fans imitating Enid’s admiration for him. I mean, how much trendier can you get than appearing in the coolest film of the past few years?

Don’t forget Pleasantville. He made that movie.

Atta boy, Luther!

(Extra credit to anyone who can identify that reference.)

The train of thought that this thread has begun and the metal images I have dancing around my brain are WRONG!

So in the interest of public godd we must nip it! Nip it in the bud, nip it
nip it right in the bud!
nip it!
Nip it!
NIP IT!

The train of thought that this thread has begun and the metal images I have dancing around my brain are WRONG!

So in the interest of public godd we must nip it! Nip it in the bud, nip it
nip it right in the bud!
nip it!
Nip it!
NIP IT!

I should probably be ashamed to admit this, but I do believe this is from The Ghost & Mr. Chicken; Knotts character, Luther, agreed to stay in a supposedly haunted house–he really was a chicken, too, mind you (:D). Naturally, the media was following this story of the haunted house, and there was some drunken fellow out in the crowd that would hollar out, “Atta boy, Luther!” whenever there was any sort of press conference…

Now what’s my extra credit involve? :wink:

To quote Phil Hartman, doing an impersonation of Ed McMahon, “You are correct, sir (or madam)!”

Your extra credit will depend entirely upon your gender and proclivities.

“…And they even tried Bon Ami.”

You find “ladies’ men” in the strangest places. I’ve heard that Stan Laurel was quite a stud. Ex-Clinton-babe Gennifer Flowers toured with Roy Clark for a while. She said that he had babes in every town. Charley Weaver from “Hollywood Squares” was an avid swinger!

LOL!!! I tell you, I really should be ashamed to admit that I know that movie so well. And Don Knotts is definitely not what I would consider to be “stud” material. No offense to Don; he’s just not my particular “cup of tea” :slight_smile: He’s a great comedian, though. And I have seen Ghost and Mister Chicken more times than I want to admit. :wink:

the female tarragon :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess he’s not really a LIMPet.

Go to any of the swinger-oriented websites and you will find that swinging involves a lot more “appearance-challenged” folks than you might think. Swingers, as a group, don’t seem to be as fixated on weight or looks as the population-at-large appears to be.

So, tarragon, as to your proclivities…

(and I love the movie, too)

Interesting Tidbit from IMDB

According to Don Knotts’ autobiography, the off-screen voice yelling, “Attaboy, Luther!” belongs to screenwriter Everett Greenbaum.

Well, Don Knotts did play the lead in The Love God?, so maybe there’s something to it…

(I was flipping past A&E while they aired the Knotts biography and caught a snippet of The Love God?. It was surreal. Don Knotts as Hugh Hefner?)

Also The last of the Red Hot Lovers, IIRC.

This is really funny, considering this recently republished exchange:

from What’s the difference between Diet Coke and Tab?