Don't fire on a NATO warship

Normally, when any person/group/ animal is critcised someone comes along and defends them.

I have not seen anyone on this board defend Somali pirates.

Check some old threads. From 2008.

OK, then… The Somali fishermen took to piracy because foreign fishing fleets decimated their fishing grounds and they were unable to survive. So they turned to piracy. I think they originally had a legitimate complaint.

But now it seems piracy has become not a survival strategy and instead a cottage industry. As such, I have little sympathy for them. Seventeen-year-old kids getting caught up in the adventure without understanding the consequences get a little, and the original grievance of foreign fleets robbing them of their livelihood is still valid; but killing pleasure sailors and others is not the way to protest. Thus, they deserve what they get if they’re blown out of the water.

I prefer the Russian approach of simply sinking their ships (with the pirates in them) and then sailing away without bothering to pick up survivors for prosecution.

Probably some version of this or this. Some versions can be quite big.

So if a man loses his job and can’t feed his family, would you think it legitimate for him to go out and murder an innocent third party so that he could steal their money ?

Or does it only become wrong when he starts making a comfortable living out of it ?

Actually the foreign fishing fleets have basically abandoned the area (for obvious reasons), and Somali fish grounds have returned. At this point, it’s about making easy money versus making hard money.

cite:
http://maritime-connector.com/news/environment-and-technology/somali-pirates-unintentionally-help-to-improve-marine-life-in-area/

Regards,
-Bouncer-

Naked. *Naked in Antarctica

• I’m gonna write a book with that title. Or at least a short story. Probably a very short story what with shrinkage and all.

That’s what I said.