Don't fucking cut and paste my messages into someone else's journal, Mr. Svinlesha.

WWW, welcome aboard. You have much to be proud of in the old man – underneath all that playful prose of his lies a keen mind and a good heart. Not that it should come as news to you, but as a member of The Loony Lefties Dad Cabal, we’re sworn to put in a good word for each other in the presence of progeny and/or ex-wives and girlfriends.

And by the look of your first few offerings, I could see him being quite proud of you as well. And righfully so I might add.

pssst!..'luci, send CASH this time.

So, what’s going to be his punishment for messing about with dad’s 'puter?

I would recommend against making him stay in this weekend and washing it.

Weird With Words, I own’t disagree with you about Lucy Liu, but, at the same time, there’s nothing wrong with Emmylou, either (be sure you get your parents’ permissin before clicking on this link).

To anyone who may wonder why I’d be reluctant to present my lineage, I refer you to the above.

Tell me you vote straight-ticket Republican…

Welcome aboard, Weird With Words. :slight_smile:

Actually, I vote straight-jacket Republican, but only to piss’m off. You should see his reaction when I wear my leisure suit with the “Vote Gary Bauer” button on the front and the “My other SUV is a BIGGER SUV” bumpersticker on the back. He just lowers his head and whimpers like an ancient, heavy oak door slowly closing for the last time, as he remembers an age when the children really were our future.

Excellent! All good Republicans have leisure suits, which give lie to the Leftist claim that we are not ‘with it’ and ‘cool’.

Sam:

Yeah, I’ve definitely noticed that as well. Living abroad I don’t really have any first-hand insight into how things are actually playing out in the States, but from my vantage point up here on the tip of the iceberg it looks like y’all are having some kind of weirdo meltdown over there. The entire political discourse seems to have collapsed into a post-modern feeding frenzy. There has always been an undercurrent of bad feeling and distrust between Republicans and Democrats, at least in public, but I sure don’t remember it being like this back when I was growing up.

I understand your sense of resignation as well. It’s not my intention to lay blame at your doorstep in that manner. But on the other hand, in such an atmosphere one might hesitate to wander about with a “kick-me” sign taped to his keester.

Not to belabor the point, but let me give you an example. You complain (quite rightly) that “The problem is that there is damned little respect around here anymore for one’s opponents.” Fair enough. But then you follow this up in your next post with the observation that:

Well, let’s just say for the sake of argument that I happen to be a big supporter of Dean’s candidacy. Congrats, Sam, you’ve just slipped me an underhanded insult and I haven’t even engaged you on the issue. And in what sense does the above statement show any sort of respect for your political opponents?
Weird:

Oh, damn. And here I was posting all of this solely in the hopes of getting into your good graces.

Oh…my…God.

You mean, it’s…reproducing!?!

Arrrrrrgh! Everybody, run for your lives! Head for the hills!
elucidator:

Uhhhhhhgh.

Gurglllglge gurrlggle suuuuuck.

The word “bad” doesn’t contain enough badness to express how bad those were. They were so bad that, if you were to take all their badness and lay it end to end, it would stretch to the universe…

…and fill up the black hole in space.
Weird (again):

I feel your pain.

But it’s a real pleasure to meet ya.
And always remember – leisure suits are too hip to besquare. Just a little fashion advice from your friendly neighborhood Svinlesha.
:slight_smile:

Let’s see Jordi try to explain that one.

P.S. Doncha love how we just turned a pit thread into an elbow-rubbing thread?

In other words, you wanted to drag it out until you got caught.

Weird With Words, meet milroyj. As you probably have already discerned, milroyj is not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box.

milroyj, what do you mean, “got caught?” Are you implying that Weird With Words has been engaged in some sort of sock puppetry, or other violation of Board rules? What’s your fucking point, you moron?

Yeah milroyj, that’s exactly what I wanted. Because as we all found out, I’m a fuckhead sockpuppet and should get banned.

Fuck you very much.

Lemme just ask you this, if that were my intention, why would I have announced it to everyone above? Nobody had even noticed that elucidator’s post was actually mine. Why would I have given up my clever ruse at that time, if my intentions were so bad?

Fuck you again.

Oh yeah, and what’s this “caught” bullshit? What was there to catch me at? Being my father’s son? I said, quite truthfully, that I was curious to see if anyone would notice the similarity between my writing style and my dad’s, without the connection being drawn for them. I intend to be a writer when my aspirations are completed, so such things matter to me.

Triple fuck you.

And tell me, when you found out my dad had been banned, did you do a little jig? Are you keeping score? Did you make a mark next to my dad’s name, which is just below Collounsbury’s name and across from december’s? Did you shout out something along the lines of “Woohoo! Two-to-one, baby! Gooooo PUBBIES!!!

Quadruple-dipple-mega fuck you.

You know what’s funny though? The moment I saw that you had revived a day old thread, I just knew it was to make a drive-by sniping. At me. And I was right.

Well, in the words of the great Oscar Wilde, “Bring it on, bitch.”

And now I see that before I could even react, Early was on top of it. And with a shorter post no less. Short is good.

And any sharp edges are the jagged result of being snapped in two by the firm hands of reason.

Ouch. This may call for some recommended reading…

Subject: Metaphor; see “stretching of”

also related: lily, gilding, avoidance of
[sub]Otherwise, good job, son-o-lucy![/sub]

Banned? :confused:

He got better.

Just a comment from the cheap seats:
Elucidator is being outshone in rhetoric and wit by the sequel, Weird With Words. Seems to me 'Lucicould take some tips in writing style from his offspring.

And Milroyj, you’re embarrassing the rest of the moderately conservative Dopers, so kindly stick a cork in it

Just to correct a common misapprehension: Sam lives in Canada. In Alberta I believe so the mistake is easy to make. :wink:

Woohoo! I giggle! I chortle! I give an awesome guffaw! My self-satisfaction blazes wih the heat of a billion suns! My spine sends twitchy joy to the dankest corners of my being! My happiness positively blubbers forth from my soul like a waterfall of effervescent delight! Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

<ahem>

Thank you gobear. You’ve just made my day, and many days to come.

I know that when people say this, they’re usually just saying this, but I really did just do a happy dance, complete with much thrusting of the pelvis.

Now I can hardly wait for my dad to come home, flip on his computer monitor, and see your passage highlighted on the screen (and I will highlight it). Then, he’ll turn his head to see me standing there, fingers pointing at him, as I triumphantly declare with as much bass in my voice as I can muster:

WHO’S YO DADDY!?

Weird With Words

I only have one question. Now that this precedent has been set, how is the readership of the SDMB to know which posts from screenname elucidator are written by him, and which may have been inadvertently written by you?