Don't know how to feel about this cop's question...

LOL if it is a crutch day, I don’t need a chair, if it is a chair day, I can’t hobble around to the trunk…

I swear, the next $80K I get that I don’t need to spend on anything else, I am getting a custom sprinter for road trips … I found a website where you can customize your own. I would kill to not have to gimp anywhere to use a toilet or get a snack … McDonalds or pretty much ever fast food other than Arby’s roast beef sarnies seem to make me spend quality toilet time :rolleyes: and the right custom sprinter would still fit into standard handicapped spaces :smiley: though $11300 for an underbody chair lift is a lot of cabbage :frowning:

But he wasn’t trying to decide if he deserved it.

He was trying to figure out if it was the OPs. Like others said, the cop could have been pissy and wasted even more time asking for ID and running plates and such. Yeah, you don’t have to answer most cops question…but do you wanna get outa there fast or slow?

Wasn’t your place to do it, though.

Besides, I was actually thinking of this situation. The one where you chased after a woman for not displaying her placard. If it pisses you off to have a policeman questioning you, imagine how obnoxious the rest of the world finds you.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Not comparable whatsoever. That lady had no placard displayed. And I don’t know where “chased her” came from, other than your own inaccurate description on my story, but all I did was ask her if she did have one.

Please explain, in detail, how they are comparable.

Seriously, you’ve got some balls complaining about a cop looking to enforce handicap parking laws after all the stuff you’ve posted here.

I am not complaining about the cop enforcing the laws; not at all. I am complaining about the cop’s behavior in the process of enforcing those laws.

Wow. Really?

Newsflash! Jamie McGarry interacted with society and concluded it was victimising him!

Ambivalid, man, some people are just trying to get on with their lives and do their jobs. They can’t all spend 20 hours a day studying and memorising your rule book on how one must interact with you.

We all deal with rude or annoying people every day. We just deal with it.

Yes, you poor victim you. A cop giving you something you desperately want, but not in the exact perfect form you want.

Ha, that must be the explanation then for the cop’s “hostility”.

Victimized?! Huh? My rule book? This isn’t about me, it’s about decency and invasion of privacy. And by posting about my experiences with “rude and/or annoying people”, this somehow signifies that I’m not dealing with it? Shit man, I thought that was what this message board was (in part) all about.

And this experience wasn’t a huge deal to me. It didn’t “enrage” me or ruin my day. It was just something that left me pondering afterwards and I didn’t like it. I was nice and friendly to the cop, and I even thanked him for taking the time to enforce the handicap spot laws. However, he did not need to, and should not have, asked me how I was disabled.

What if he was just curious?

Why? Is it a secret?

I mean, you tell us about it constantly. It doesn’t seem be very secret. Or is it only secret to cops?

Perhaps you should publish a list.

Well, when that form in which the cop is delivering the enforcement of the law is wrong, then I feel I have legitimate grounds to call it out.

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Well then I’ll give him my phone number and he can call me when he’s off duty and we can chat.

Sure, when you give the entire world a break. The whole planet isn’t conspiring to piss you off.

Nowhere but here and no one but you has used the word “hostile” or “hostility” in any way to describe anything about the cop’s behavior. Inserting your own characterizations to fit your pre-fixed notions of the poster. Nice. :rolleyes:

Is it wrong? Do you have a cite? I think before you keep going off on this you need to find some sort of protocol or department policy the precludes them from asking you about this. I think you’re annoyed with the question, but I’m willing to bet the officer didn’t actually do anything wrong and, as I said above, you could have refused to answer.

Is there any law or policy that states that an officer can’t ask someone about their medical condition or are you just assuming it? I agree that the placard and ID should be enough, but that’s not what I’m after. You said in the quote above that the officer was ‘wrong’ and you have ‘legitimate grounds to call it out’ so I’m asking you what grounds you would cite when you call him out?
If you were to file a complaint against the department, what rule/law/policy would you cite?
I’m not trying to accuse you or pick a fight, but sometimes I think you accuse other people of wrong doing when they are actually well within their rights.