DON'T stump the man in his thirties of average intelligence

Love Story

Name the pop song whose chorus goes “la-da dee, lada-dah, la-da dee, lah lah” endlessly.

On the tough side if you weren’t alive then. Rosemary Woodswas Nixon’s secretary. She tried to offer an excuse for the gap on some of the tapes that came to light during the Watergate scandal. Her explanation was hilarious, she claimed the erasures were accidental, requiring her to have played something like a game of Twister with the tape recorder controls.

The Goat was the nickname for the Pontiac GTO, the first of the truly big muscle cars. One model of this car was marketed as ‘The Judge’. Do you know where that name came from?

In the early 1980’s a boat race was held at Newport Rhode Island involving teams representing clubs from countries all round the world.

At this event, an Australian crew ended the longest winning streak in sporting history by winning the event.

Questions:

1. What was the name of the event?
  2. What was the year this happened?
  3. What was the club that had held the trophy since inception and how long had they held it until losing it at this event?
    Another Australiana question:

Background: In 1980, baby Azaria Chamberlain was allegedy taken from her tent and killed by a wild dingo at Ayers Rock. The case received worldwide attention and spawned tv series, documentaries, books, an opera and a movie. The movie, named “A cry in the dark” in the USA was released in 1988 and starred Meryl Streep as baby Azaria’s mother, Lindy.

Question. True or false, Meryl Streep’s Australian accent in that movie was the worst portrayal of an Australian accent ever recorded.

Name the only Confederate capitals not to fall to Union forces?

I know not. I’ve heard and old Dylan song with a similar chorus, though.

The America’s Cup?
1981?
Erm, the US team?

True. If she can do HM The Queen well, I think Australian would be a contradictory skillset.

Well they all fell, eventually, didn’t they?

Nashville and Little Rock? Don’t think I’ve ever heard of any Civil War battles there.

Nope. Austin and Tallahassee

2 out of 4, well done .:wink:

Which of the following does not belong: Ken, Ryu, Chun-Li, Marco, Bison, Zangeif
What game is the following from: Scorpion, sub-zero, sonya
In a first person shooter, a camper is someone who: ___________.
What kinds of cars are F-Zero cars?
In Zelda, the main characters name is _____.

Sorry for the late reply.
Marco. The other ones are all characters on streetfighter.
MK is right
That is what camping is
They are hovercars.
Yes you are right, the main hero is Link.

Well done