Don't tell me you're interested and you'll call when you're not and you won't!

Yes, I am :frowning:

We actually had something approaching mild weather during the weekend, but now we’re getting 40 mph winds! I keep getting in with flying debris :smack:

-Banger, who has never had a woman approach him with her phone number :frowning:

New York? Why would I be in New York? Why would anyone?

Nope, I’m chillin’ like Bob Dylan in El Paso, TX.

I guess it would help if I actually read page 2 before answering.

I relate to everything on this page so far–even though I love women (or at least would LIKE to) I’d rather take a beating than have to go up to one and strike up a conversation. I just haven’t got it in me to hustle women, although I wish I did. Makes for some lonely nights, I’ll tell ya.

Banger–you poor thing. We’ve been having our usual crappy winter, too. My main goals for the next academic year are to graduate by the end of Fall Quarter and be in Brazil–or somewhere else without harsh winters, but I really, really want to go to Brazil–before mid-December hits.

Payne (Can I call you “Payne”?) The only thing with, as you put it, “hustling” women is that you can’t “hustle” us. Being able to tell the difference between a guy who’s genuinely friendly and one who’s on the make is a survival skill for us, so we know how to do it pretty well. But you can be outgoing and talk to us without a problem. I, at least, don’t usually turn down a simple, friendly, “hi,” from a stranger unless I get some serious weirdo vibes or I’m really busy or miserable at the moment.

Not reading all the post, perhaps he lost the paper with the email and phone #.

I generally do not have a problem approaching women to start a conversation, or whatnot. I have been rejected out of hand before, and while that sucks, it is not the end of the world. I met my last SO about 30 minutes after being rejected by a different girl after talking for a few minutes. The key is to try not to take anything personally for the first… oh… hour or so… till then it isn’t worth feeling the least bit of rejection over. Just dust off and move on. Who knows, you may end up meeting someone when you least expect it. But it won’t usually happen if you won’t go say hello, or respond when a lady does it to you :slight_smile:

That being said, I think I just talked myself back up. I have been sigle for abouta year. And happily so. But now, I think I might just walk up to a lady and say “hi” and see what happens. :slight_smile:

So, that being said, hi Scribble :slight_smile: I flirted before, but now I wanted to just say “Hi” :slight_smile:

Sigle of course means “purposely single”. Or again, it means I cannot type… But I won’t let that stop me!

Hi, Curious.

If you’d like, you can e-mail me. My address is in my profile. :slight_smile:

Mine as well. Yours is not accessable to outsider types :slight_smile: Unless that was a letdown in which case it was very well done :wink:

Hey–I’m originally from the NY/NJ metro area. Don’t knock it 'till ya tried it.

Scribble, I must radiate vibes of weirdness because, even though I try to be nice, they look at me like I have a skin disease. And “hustle” was a poor choice of words, I agree. I don’t use cute pickup lines, don’t know any, but being nice just doesn’t cut it. I guess celibacy is my lot in life.

I’ve been to NY/NJ, and it’s nice, but not at -40F!!

“…honest, officer, I didn’t mean to kill that thread! It was an accident, I swear…”

Okay, Curious. Try it now.

Sorry-I didn’t realize I had set my profile to not allow people to e-mail me.

Payne–you might just be too nervous when you talk to these women. That can give off semi-alienating vibes sometimes. Confidence is attractive. Besides, it tells us that there’s very little risk to you in talking to us, so there’s no pressure on us, however we choose to respond. That makes us (or me, at least) much more comfortable.

And, notice–I responded, so this thread is still going.

I’m surpised this thread’s lasted as long as it has. But it ain’t dead yet!

Of course I’m nervous! And it’s hard to show confidence when you’ve been shot down a bunch of times.

Actually, this is all academic, since I have been told on another website that I MUST get back with my wife, and I shouldn’t even dream of looking at another woman, in any case, until my kids are all grown up. Buttmunch.

Wait, you don’t have Aero bars? Do you have twix? Wonderbars? Smarties? What do you have? This is fascinating stuff. Is it true the Coke (the drink) sold in the States tastes differently than the stuff sold up here?

A friend brought me Tim Tams from Oz. Those are good eating, and I don’t usually like biscuit-type chocolate. I don’t think you can get them in Canada or the US.

Chocolate is very important to me. Sorry for the continued hijack.

Coke is much sweeter in the US then it is here imho :slight_smile:

Magayuk, you are a chocoholic after my own heart. I love to work and eat chocolate. Food in general–chocolate included–is very important to me.

No, no Aero bars. And no Wonderbars or Smarties. We do have Twix, though. In fact, we have both the original caramel and the newer peanut butter Twix. And Milky Ways, Milky Way Midnights, Kit Kats, Snickers, Charleston Chews, Goldberg’s Peanut Chews, Hershey Bars, Ghirardelli chocolate of various kinds (yum-o-rama!), Dove chocolate (both milk and dark), M&Ms (plain, peanut, almond, peanut butter, and crispy. I’ve heard there are dulce de leche M&Ms in some parts of the States, but I haven’t seen them where I am), Nestle crunch (with caramel and without), Nestle milk chocolate and sometimes the Nestle mocha swirl stuff, and lots of other things I won’t even try to squeeze into a single paragraph.

You guys get more Cadbury imports than we do. We don’t get Cadbury flakes. We do get dairy milk, fruit and nut, raisin, and Cadbury Creme Eggs. We also get After Eights and Toblerone of various kinds. We get Lindt and Valrhona chocolate, along with various other high-end choco things.

We get Mexican-style drinking chocolate, which I like to eat straight sometimes. I like Mexican hot chocolate, too. Do you Canadians get that stuff? My guess is that the main market for Mexican style hot chocolate is a lot smaller where you are.

<hijack of the hijack> I’d claim that Ghirardelli bittersweet and unsweetened chocolates are every bit as good as the hyper-expensive Valrhona stuff. The Ghirardelli semisweet is very good, too, and it’s an awful lot cheaper than the bittersweet, so I usually use Ghirardelli semisweet to make my truffles, break-ups, bonbons, mousses, and what-have-you. </hijack of the hijack>

I have no idea what Canadian Coke is like, so I can’t compare the Coke you’ve got to the stuff we have. I do know that I’m not a huge fan of Coke in the U.S., but that the Coke in Mexico is absolutely delicious.

[quote]
Of course I’m nervous! And it’s hard to show confidence when you’ve been shot down a bunch of times.

[quote]

I don’t think that you really can be “shot down” until you’ve at least asked for a phone #. A stranger who ignores you when you try to make conversation is not necessarily rejecting a date with you. She might just not want to talk right then. Casual conversation is really very low-risk to the ol’ self esteem. If you treat talking to people as nothing more than a pleasant way to spend odd moments of your day, things go much more nicely.

I have never had Mexican Coke, but Belgian coke was good, and came in wee bottles :slight_smile:
As far as the choclate goes, do you have a Godiva chocolatier there?