Dopefest at Persephone's House: The Official Thread

I’m going to try to bring a macaroni salad, if I can talk my hubby into making it (he is the cook of the family). He made some this week and it was really good. He makes a pretty good potato salad too, but that involves a little more work. He conveniently volunteered to be on call that weekend, so it will be just me and probably at least a couple of the kids.

Glad to see you will allow me to be reliant upon your food and drink, Persephone. Looking at my finances going into next week, I may need to sell a kidney to have gas money to get back home.

But it’s still a go!

Been there, done that, Milo! Actually, sorta there, sorta doing that. While I’m not in danger of losing any body parts, I came to the realization that it would be infinitely cheaper for everyone if I hosted this at my house, instead of having everyone buy dinner & drinks. :slight_smile:

** BEER DAMMIT!!! WE NEED BEER!!!**

now returning you to your normal browsing…

Of course there will be beer! Goodness! This is a DOPEFEST! I may be Mundane & Pointless, but Christ! I’m not stupid!

But…what kind of beer do you want? That’s what I mean by “tell me what you want.” Otherwise, you’ll be getting Red, White & Blue.

Also, if you’ll be bringing a dish to pass, please let me know, and let me know what it will be, so’s I don’t make it myself. Shadowfox is bringing macaroni salad, and another friend of mine is bringing Jello (I asked her to, since there will be children there, and she makes really good Jello Jigglers). Again, the dish is NOT required! I am just intrigued by the thought of an SDMB Pot Luck. :smiley:

All I ask for is something other than light beer: Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc. Yuck.

Anything but Miller Beer…blech…

Bud, Busch, Michelob, hell, FOSTERS!!!

Okay, no lite beer, no Miller beer. I can live with those conditions.

Anyone have any non-beer preferences? I personally prefer wine, so I will be getting some nice pink stuff, and some coolers as well.

Oh yeah–a word of warning about my house. It’s cute, but it’s nothing special. Don’t be expecting any fabulous mansion or anything, okay? And the carpet is trashed. I’m going to try & clean it sometime this week, but I don’t know how much good that will do. The couch, too. Don’t worry–it’s not vermin-infested. It’s just that my house is children-infested.

Oh yeah–the kids will be here for the party, so no trying to slip BabyGuy beer!

Oh, please, Cristi. Stop being such a worry-wart. I don’t exactly live in a mansion, myself.

And, from what you’ve already told us about him, I think I’m going to ask baby-guy for advice on picking up the ladies …

Someone hold a Dopefest (we must all sound like druggies) in Saskatchewan! Preferably Saskatoon. I can’t get anywhere else, and I’m too young to hold one for my self:(

Don’t worry about the house…mine is children infested also so I KNOW what it’s like.

I went to school in Flint (GMI, now Kettering). I wish I could make it there, but my 10 year high school reunion is that day and I am there instead (tiny little Evart Michigan).

lil*bit, when did your brother go to GMI? Maybe I knew him (I was there 90-95). I lived in Flushing, too.

Well, bummer, Joey! But if this one works out, I may do it again!

Oh, I have got to take this opportunity to give a huge thanks to xploder. He’s bringing a tent and ribs to this party. He’s also bringing me a new hard drive for my computer. Oh yeah–he’s also loaning me his daughters on Sunday, because my babysitter bailed, and I’m going to the Santana concert Sunday (so is little*bit–cool, huh?)

And thanks in advance to everyone that shows up. I’ve never done this before, so if I’m a little flaky, please understand! Well, I’m pretty much always a little flaky, but if I’m flakier than normal, well, you get my point! :slight_smile:

(Hijack)

Umm just a question to all you Flint/Flushing ppl…

Anyone of you know local singer/songwriter Ashley Peacock?

Just curious!

Oh and know the Grangers? Maybe you went to school or church with one of them? I mean its a small world… it would be cool if it was actually THIS small :slight_smile:

(/Hijack)

My husband is a musician, Skummet, so I’ll ask him if he knows Ashley Peacock.

I’ll ask him about the Grangers, too–he’s lived here all his life, he might know them!

Thankyou, thats so nice of ya! :slight_smile:

Would you mind emailing me if you find out anything? I mean just so i dont have to hijack your dopefest thread again and all… :wink:

bml888@hotmail.com… if u feel like it!
Thanx!

[hijacking own thread]

Hey Skummet? I forgot to ask–are the Grangers a family or a band?

[end hijacking own thread]

lol… just a plain old family… I know their daughter… Louisa… thats why i ask :slight_smile:

Its just i got the impression that nearly everyone in flushing knows eachother some way or another… mostly thru church or something tho… So i figured there was a good chance ud know who they were :slight_smile:

/hijack

My brother was @ GMI from '87 - '93. Rush Chairman of Sigma Chi (A section, I think.) Maybe you know him as Paco?

/end hijack

Oops :smiley: