Dopefest at Persephone's House: The Official Thread

Actually, I probably did know him, but by his real name. I worked at the bookstore, and I knew pretty much everybody (A-section). And the Sigma Chi’s were pretty good guys…

I was a Sigma Nu, just down the road… Small world.

Sorry for the continuing hijack, Perse. I’m an ass, there’s nothing you can do about it. :slight_smile:

Paco = Chris Gonzalez

'salright, Joey! I’ve got a hijack myself here, too.

Skummet, I asked my husband, and he said he doesn’t know any Grangers, or Ashley Peacock. Sorry!

Updated attendee list, in no particular order:
xploder
Milossarian
little*bit
pipefitter
CrankyAsAnOldMan
Shadowfox
Brynda (a newbie/lurker who sent me a really, really polite email asking if newbie/lurkers were allowed, and offering to bring blueberry cobbler!)

Possibles:
Shirley Ujest (haven’t heard back from her yet!)
BunnyGirl (if she can make it from her softball tourney)

Speaking of BunnyGirl, I think that is where I got the apparently mistaken notion that Milossarian was a bass player. I got Milo & Mr. BunnyGirl mixed up. xploder informed me of my error last night. But that’s okay–Milo can still hog the mic! :smiley:

Well Cristi, I’m still bringing my electric guitar and a couple of really cheesy practice amps but I don’t know about my acoustic yet…depends on if I get off my lazy ass and restring it I suppose :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me ask my husband about the acoustic. He’s got one, but he’s waaaaaaay careful about it. It was a gift (the folks that gave it to him will be at this party too), and it’s old. It belonged to the father of my friend, but my friend never learned to play. When he met my husband, he pulled it out and let him noodle on it. My husband loooooooved it. At the time, I was planning on getting him an acoustic for Christmas, because he didn’t have one. My friend told me not to–that he would be happy to give his guitar to my husband, because he knew that my husband would play it, and treat it well. SO, for Christmas that year (I think it was in '97), my husband became the proud owner or a well-worn '35 Martin. It’s battered, but that thing just sings.

So anyway, I’ll see if he’ll be willing to let someone else play it. Seeing as how you actually know how to play, he’ll probably let you. But understand if he says no. It’s nothing against you! He’s just extremely protective when it comes to that particular guitar. He even gets weird when I get near it! :smiley:

No need for THAT Cristi! I’m gonna restring this damn thing if it kills me. I took it through Desert Storm with me and haven’t put new strings on in like four years now. LOL It’s a beat up old Fender Concert Classic but still plays okay usually, I’ll go ahead and bring it as long as I can fit it in the car. :slight_smile:

Let’s see now, Tent, two guitars, two amps, two (maybe three) kids, ribs, the wife and me…maybe I should just go rent a uhaul huh?

Hm. If you want, xploder, you could bring the tent over earlier, like Friday or something. I’d hate to have you end up strapping Mrsxploder to the hood like a deer. :wink:

Nah, that’s where I strap The KIDS! sheesh…I’ll give you a call tomorrow or something…tried earlier and no answer. It shoudl really be no problem as my son won’t be coming so I can jam something extra in the back seat.

Unless the wild horses pull me away and the cows come home early, count me in.

:::mumbling to myself:::: Will it be possible for me to suck in my stomach for hours at end or should I show up after everyone has tossed back a few and I will therefore be blurry and really good looking?:::::::::

hmmm… '35 Martin… very understandable why he is so protective!!!

we’ll be having our dopefest on Friday, so best of luck to you!!!

OH yay! Shirley’s coming! YAAAAAAY!

Don’t worry about your stomach, either, Shirley! I’ve given birth to three kids. Only a steamroller could save mine. And we’ll not discuss what devastation my son wreaked upon my hips. My butt will never be the same.

Updated attendee list:
Shirley Ujest
xploder
Milossarian
little*bit
Brynda
Shadowfox
pipefitter
CrankyAsAnOldMan

This is gonna be cool! :smiley:

Just found out something really interesting! The Perseids meteor shower will be peaking on Saturday.

I think we Dopers have more power than we thought! :wink:

I’ll bring some sorta salad. Something I can pick up in a deli–I cook, but no time this week.

No problemo, Cranky!

Everyone be watching your email–I’m sending out an update!

Goody, not only will I be meeting some of you fellow dopers, I get to see a meteor shower also (BTW do you use an umbrella or rain coat at a meteor shower)!!

See you on Saturday. BTW…is it a problem if I get there at 1 or 2 (might be a little later, due to work considerations)?

1 or 2? The party doesn’t start until 5! Sure, you can get here early. Just don’t drink all the beer, 'mkay? And help me & xploder cook. :smiley:

I know I shouldn’t be posting this because I might end up jinxing this, but according to the latest weather bulletins, it is going to be mostly sunny and a pleasant 80 degrees out on Saturday.

Whew! Glad it wasn’t me that posted that! Now if it rains, we can blame it on Shadowfox! :smiley:

(I did see a weather report this afternoon, and it said the same thing that you just said, Shadowfox!)

I can do that, I’m decent at cooking. :slight_smile:

Just had the pleasure of meeting xploder! He came to my house to drop off some party equipment. He brought his lovely wife and one of his lovely daughters. Nice family! His wife will be at the party tomorrow, along with his other daughter.

Weird thing happened yesterday. I found out that one of xploder’s daughters, the one I met today, goes to school with the daughter of the woman who sits next to me at work. Then I found out that xploder himself went to school with the guy that sits on the other side of me! This small world stuff is a trip.

One more thing–little*bit is bringing jello shots. So start exercising those tongues, people! Woohoo!