DopeFest - Melbourne, Australia!

Just checked out the the time diff and it looks likke y’all are 13 and a half hours ahead of me here in Georgia, is that right?

Thanks

Q

Quasi I’m not sure on the time difference, working out things like that makes my head hurt. Hopefully another doper will be along to confirm you are correct.

I get a 14 hour difference Quasi, it is 8:15 am here now, looks like 6:15pm yesterday for you according to http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

You need to be thinking of friday night/saturday morning to match up with our saturday arvo. Say we called at 3pm our time, you are looking at 1am.

1am - Yikes.

May I recommend coffee, lots and lots of coffee :slight_smile:

18th should be OK for me…

You are correct, I was looking at the time in Adelaide where a friend of mine lives. The one am time is no problem for me, as I am usually up that late anyway, being that I work nights. :smiley:

Thanks

Q

Any other Melbourne / Victorian dopers or pretty much anyone else interested in attending?

In this thread at G’Dope there has been some discussion of the upcoming MelDope.

Of interest was what sort of sign Kambuckta should hold. Earlier in this SDMB thread Kam volunteered to hold a large sign saying “Dope” or words to that effect.

What we need is something classy or witty for the sign. As long as the word “Dope” is on it somewhere :slight_smile:

Ideas, suggestions?

[hijack]

Thylacine, could you e-mail me, please?

Thanks!

[/hijack]

Esprix

The next problem is where shall we be for those who come late? Anyone have a good idea for a central location where we can say we will be? I don’t spend alot of time in town these days to know, hell I was shocked to find the city square gone a few weeks ago and that likely happened in 1986 or something :wink:

I know of a place that does a fantastic toblerone cheesecake :smiley:

Our famous City Square is rather an enigma isn’t it? I think in the last 20 odd years, I have seen it ‘functioning’ probably twice. It’s always in a state of being ripped-down or rebuilt or something else altogether.

So I suggest we don’t meet there.
We need something more permanent…like Y and J’s. :smiley:

leechbabe - let me know where to send Miss Moose and she’ll be on her way!

but but but… I thought that was our special place Leechy, just for us. My heart is shattered :stuck_out_tongue:

upstairs at Y&Js then, does that suit those who are coming?

FairyChatMom addy has been emailed to you :slight_smile:

I dunno about Y and J’s Kam but I can testify that the McDonalds near Flinders St station are generally about 5c cheaper on all products than the one’s in Collins St.

Miss Moose is on her way. She should arrive in about 10 days or so. She’s in a new dress, and she has her diaries. I hope everyone will take a moment to scribble a little message so I can live vicariously thru my moose.
Does that sound as pathetic to you as it does to me??

Ker-BUMP.

:smiley:

I s’pose I’d better get a move-on with this sign for the Dopefest then eh?

Actually, I woke up in a panic thinking that the Fest was going to be THIS weekend. Whew!!

Ms Moose arrived today. She looks beautiful in her lovely off the shoulder number :slight_smile:

Reading her travel diary is great fun. Very strange to see dopers handwriting - makes all these online people seem more real :slight_smile:

MelDope planning continues:

Fairy Chat Moose has arrived.
Quasi and Ice Wolf have provided their phone numbers for international doper link ups.
Latch is going to help us out with international phone cards.
Kam is working on her sign.
Thylacine is the official photographer with Latch as back up.
Redboss will hopefully be there because I really miss him.
Our BendiDopers Tav and Tiger are going to do their best to get there as well.

When: Saturday 18th October @ 1pm
Where: steps of Flinders St Station

I will do my best to get there at about 12:45pm and will wait until 1:30pm for the stragglers. Look for the lady with a grey 3 wheeler pram - just incase you can’t find the loon with the “DOPE” poster :stuck_out_tongue:

From Flinders St Station we appear to be heading to Y&J’s if either Kam or Thylacine could provide further info on where that is please.

What have I missed? Who else is coming along?

I forget you are really a queenslander… and a non drinker but you may recognise this as being the pub across the road from the steps of the station. Chloe’s bar is upstairs, entry on Swanston street.

However, I didn’t think that was totally settled yet, as much as I am hoping for an occasion like that just held in london I fear none of the snogging women from there will be joining us (but please feel free ;)) so we don’t have to go to a pub. Was anyone wanting to bring kids or does anyone have someplace else in mind close to there?