Doper Crotalus outed as Obama Supporter in NY Times!

My wife is gonna be pissed when she sees that. :smiley:

But, wait, there’s more! (Found the video linked from this pageon the Obama web site.)

I just watched that clip on MSNBC. When they repeat it, I can yell “Hey! I know that guy back there!” :cool:

I just saw Crotalus on CNN!

Dude, you are right in the swingin’ dick middle of your 15 minutes!

i just saw you on hardball while waiting for the picture to load! wow! you are famous now!

good on you and mrs crotalus.

hey twickster! where is obama gonna be tomorrow? here i was at obama headquarters for 3 hours today and don’t know.

And I always figured if I appeared on TV it would be in handcuffs.

I never understood why anybody thought McCain had a chance in hell of winning NJ. Obama’s lead might not have been terribly large, but it didn’t really diminish either.

Gee Crotalus, watching the ticker onscreen it would appear that shortly after you came on the fear in the markets eased and the Dow started to venture back toward positive territory.

I knew we had some powerful Dopers here but that’s plum amazin’.

I just wanted to note that the aftermath of this event has been interesting and fun. I have heard from friends and relatives around the country who happened to notice my smiling face in the background during brief segments of the speech which were shown on their local stations.

I have also been thoroughly outed in my home town. The article in the NY Times was little noticed in Chillicothe, but now everyone knows I’m not a republican anymore.

Given that your buddy-the-author indicated in his Op-Ed piece referencing you that, as a Dem, he felt a bit isolated - are you finding folks saying anything to you or your being regarded any differently?

I was quoted in our local (very) small-town paper as attending a pro-Obama meeting and stating that “I couldn’t live with myself if McCain won and I had done nothing” - it was interesting because I live in a town where there were a LOT of I-bankers with a conservative bent and some folks kinda avoided talking about the election with me a bit - but ultimately, this is blue-state NY, not Ohio, so for the most part, I got high-fives.

Well, I was not only a republican, I was a fairly active one. I know all of the local elected republican officials personally. I have played guitar and sung at dozens of republican fundraisers, including a few for state-wide candidates. I haven’t bumped into the head of the county republican party yet, but I’m sure she saw me in the paper. Some of the older folks at my church looked at me kinda funny on Sunday, but the only people who talked to me about the rally were younger ones, and they seemed to approve. My father-in-law now thinks that I’m a bad influence on his daughter. I can live with that. :smiley: