Dopers, help me pick a wedding dress!

I just got back from a store.

A bridal store.

They had samples for sale.

looks around to make sure fiancee is nowhere to see or be seen

There’s a real live wedding dress in the spare bedroom closet. :eek: :smiley:
squeee!!!

What’s it look like? eager Even a link to a picture that it looks “most” like would do. curious

Okay, everyone but Rob can look here to see The Dress.

It has a slight train that can be removed afterwards, when I dye it red or something.

It’s a bit tight, being a 6 when I’m soooo not a 6 (and yes, I know they’re sized loose at that) and I expect to have to let out that inch or so in each side seam you see. Then I’ll wash it and if the stitching marks/holes don’t clear up I’ll have the seamstress put ribbon that matches Rob’s uniform along them and replace the ribbon under the bow with the same stuff.

Does that make sense? I’ve only pictured it in my head, not drawn it out or spoken it.

I think it makes sense. Pretty! :slight_smile: (Course the most beautiful part will be you on that day, ya know.)

Very pretty!

Oh my gosh, it’s perfect. And it’s very you. I’m glad you found it!

You’re all too sweet and kind!
And would you believe the neckline makes my girls look almost measurable?!? It’s cut a skosh lower in the back than I was looking for, but damn if it didn’t run me $99.00 plus GA tax. You can’t beat that with a ten cent bag of wolverines.
Have I been in GA too long?

It’s beautiful!

It’s a shame ya’ll aren’t getting married during hockey season - we had one couple come straight from their wedding reception, with their bridal party - still in gowns and tuxes. It was appropriate because he proposed to her at a game…

SCL, don’t get me started. If hockey season wasn’t at the same time as school-and-work season, it wouldn’t be a problem. We even looked into and priced ice time at the Carolina Ice Palace, but realized we’d be starting our budget by paying for two venues instead of one. This whole thing started out all hockey-themed and now - there’s not a shred in it. :frowning:

Congratulations! Pretty dress!

I suspect that you know the answer to that.

You all know it’s killing me to know I have 120 days to show him the dress, right??

It’s beautiful! And a good deal–doesn’t get better than that!

Is it a rule that the hubby-to-be doesn’t even get to see the dress before the wedding day? I know you don’t want to WEAR it in front of him, but…

I’m not very girly, and I don’t know these things. :slight_smile:

I don’t know about it being a rule, but Rob said he wanted my look to be a complete surprise. Since we’re living in the same house and sharing our finances, there won’t be too many surprises for each other in this wedding 'do.

Oh, don’t show it to him! I want to see the pics of him all teary-eyed when he sees how beautiful you are!

Ah, that makes sense. We were the same way when we got married. Dear Robert saw the dress and my shawl and everything, but didn’t see my look all put together till the day we got married. :smiley:

I no longer have the ‘back-up’ gown; the order was cancelled by the nice people at Houseofbrides.com as the manufacturer is no longer making that dress.

Long story short, if the dress I found at the dress shop here can’t be let out from a 6 to a 9, I’m in deep doo-doo. What better motivation to drop the 15 or so pounds I’ve put on in the last 2 years, though, eh?

sweats

gulp

First off… Congrats!
Second… it is a beautiful dress.

I bought my wedding dress at the end of March and got married in October… I had to wait almost 7 months to “show” him my dress :eek:

After the actual ceremony Mr Geek said when he first saw me in the dress he said he didn’t think anything could have made me more beautiful than I already was :o :smiley:

So, I think the “torture” was worth the wait I wanted to show him the dress more than he wanted to see it. I have no patience in matters of that sort…