Dopers in Bed

1. How many pillows do you have, and what, are they body pillows? Do you use so many pillows under your head that you are going hunchback?
We currently have five pillows on the bed. Two are extra long “body” pillows. All those pillows are mine. I sometimes let my husband sleep on the edge of one of the long ones.

2. Any cool logos or characters on your stuff?
Nope. Dark green sheets with small darker green design on them, and a dark forest green quilted bedspread. Sheets, cases, and spread match.

3. What’s the bed like when you wake up?
Depends on how well we slept. A sleepless, disturbed night usually results in spread and sheets flung all around.

4. Is your bed ashamed of you?
Our bed is slightly disappointed in us. We take it for granted.

5.Take anything cuddly to bed?(not talking blow up dolls!)
Yes! I take Stonebow, and he really is more cuddly that one would imagine. I take routine delight in sticking my cold hands and feet on him without warning.

6. What kind of bed, or is it a bed at all? Anyone sleeping on the couch?
It’s a Stone County Ironworks, king size, four poster.

1. How many pillows do you have, and what, are they body pillows? Do you use so many pillows under your head that you are going hunchback?

Two pillows of different size.

1. Any cool logos or characters on your stuff?

Nope.

1. What’s the bed like when you wake up?

Flat. It’s an air mattress and has a slow leak. I haven’t bothered with replacing it yet.

1. Is your bed ashamed of you?

Being non-sentient, it can’t be.

Nope.

1. What kind of bed, or is it a bed at all? Anyone sleeping on the couch?

Inflatable air mattress.

I have five pillows (two big euro squares, two queen sleeping pillows and a little rectangle one for pretty. I sewed them all myself! I can’t stand feather pillows, they have no backbone) but only the full five when company is coming.

Nope, just solid medium blue green, quilted the same color in square in a square patterns. I nearly killed myself sewing that spread.) The square pillows are blue green, with burgundy and a dove grey color in the square pattern.

Very grown up, simple and non-foofy .

My bed beams with pride at being my sleeping place.

Not often enough!

It’s a pencil post bed to match the other shaker style furniture. I would pity anyone who had to sleep on my couch-- it’s a two-seater!

I have 6 pillows (2 Euro pillows and 4 regular ones) but I only use two at a time.

The comforter has horse outlines on it.

The sheet is pulled out and around my knees. The comforter is wadded up. The “spare” pillows are usually on the floor. And I’m scrunched over on one side while my dogs are stretched out using almost the entire bed.

No, but it has some good blackmail dirt should it ever turn on me.

I have two dogs (shelties) that climb up at some point during the night. They don’t cuddle though. They push me over to one side.

Queen sized sleigh bed.

4 pillows. 2 for me, one for Hellcat, one for Maggie the dog
UNDER PENALTY OF LAW
THIS TAG IS NOT TO BE REMOVED EXCEPT BY THE CONSUMER
mammals and sheets thrown everywhere
It hasn’t mentioned it.
One cat and one dog
It’s a twin bed.

One pillow, sponge (single holed pillow-shaped sponge) folded in half, then folded at one corner to lift the head

Nope. It’s a basic stripe design.

The quilt is between my legs, one leg exposed to the air. I am more or less in the foetal position

Huh?

A book. If I am sober I read it before sleep. If I go to bed drunk I read it after sleep. Currently the book is ‘Robots and Empire’ (Isaac Asimov)

Futon, with, not it’s original matress, but the matress from my now dismantled high-bed. (i.e. a standard single-bed matress)

I have one makura, a buckwheat hull-filled pillow. I can’t have more than one because it would cause back pain. I also have a body pillow just to snuggle against sometimes, or to put behind my TV pillow which is also on my bed.

Not yet, but I’ve had my eye on a Legolas pillowcase on ebay. :smiley:

A bit thrashed since I toss and turn a lot, but not too bad.

Not to my knowledge.

5.Take anything cuddly to bed?(not talking blow up dolls!) Does Kleenex count if I keep it under my pillow? Otherwise, see #2…grin.

It’s a regular bed. I can’t sleep on odd things like couches, sofas, cots, etc.
    And I have a tough time sleeping in any other beds, even nice ones when I’m on vacation.

I have two pillows and a backrest thing.

Plain white down comforter (I use it all year long). I need a washable duvet cover, but I don’t have one.

It’s pretty much in order - I don’t move around too much.

Nope - my bed is happy I’m still using it. Like the toys from Toy Story. It’s an antique and want’s to be used.

I have two cats. One or both of them sometimes sleep with me. The dogs have their own beds on the floor.

It’s an antique bed about 5’ tall. It’s an old 3/4 bed, but I only have a twin mattress for it.

StG

1. How many pillows?

Let’s see…I have the elderly slab of firm concrete that’s great for side sleeping, the disintegrating softie for stomach sleeping, and the firm dominator for…I haven’t figured out yet. Also, there are two square blue pillows that used to be on my couch but are perfect for snuggling while I watch TV. Most of them end up on the floor by the end of the night.

Not since college, when I had a sheet set with Pierrot clowns (only in red). I still have the flat sheet somewhere.

It looks like a relief map of the Himilayas - plateaus, peaks, twisted strata, continental plate subduction.

Probably. I don’t make it very often.

Yes. I have a blanket that has become pretty much my version of Linus’ security blanket. It’s one of those jacquard weave lap throws that became popular about a decade ago - which is when I got it. I’d swear this is a magical +3 Blanket of Comfy Warmth. Even after the worst day, I can climb into bed, wrap this blanket around my head and shoulders like a great big shawl, and I am toasty and comforted. Alas, it is dying. The cotton…well, strings are the best description I have…have been unraveling for the longest time, but now, there’s a tear nearly six inches long that will eventually tear my blankie into two nearly identical halves. :frowning:

1. What kind of bed, or is it a bed at all?

**It’s a full size bed that I bought from a coworker for a $100 - along with a dresser, two nightstands, the headboard, and the frame. For being dirt cheap, this mattress has lasted four years now and is one of the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept on. The rest of the furniture is crap, though.

I’ve gotten really spoiled in the past couple of years when it comes to sleeping - I got myself a down comforter, and I’m on my second set of 300 thread count sheets (wore the last ones out). I like my bed. Somedays, it’s hard to leave it, and that’s when I’m by myself.

My lovely wife has a down-filled “grandfather’s pillow,” and a regular pillow, which she puts at angles under and around her head. I have three very flat pillows: one gets crammed between the mattress and the headboard, one goes under my head, and one gets clutched to my chest to keep my shoulders from hunching.

Nope. We have some funky '70s print sheets that we got from the in-laws, but no merchandising crap.

**About the same; if we get hot, we kick off the covers, if I get cold, I steal the sheets[./b]

My bed is an old and trusted friend.

Just the aforementioned lovely wife, and sometimes the dog.

We have a California King-size waterbed.

5. What kind of bed, or is it a bed at all? Anyone sleeping on the couch?

6. Three pillows. Two are standard size pillows that I rest my head on. The third is a longer pillow that I use as a body pillow although it’s not. I like to pretend that I’m cuddling with a cute girl after a night of wild sex. :o
    Strangely, I never fantasize about the sex. It’s always about cuddling up with the girl afterwards. I’m boring, I guess.

7. One of the aforementioned pillows has a teddy bear astronaut planting a flag on the moon, but that’s it.

8. Messy. There are blankets that I don’t use piled at the foot of the bed, and the books from the shelf right next to it are always overflowing onto the bed.

9. My bed, being a bed and therefore not capable of concious thought, is not ashamed of me.

10. I have a teddy bear my cousin gave me piled at the foot of the bed with the blankets I never use. I don’t take it to bed per se, but it was a thoughful gift so I do feel some compulsion to at least have it in bed, even if I’m not cuddling up next to it.

11. It’s a loft bed, 'bout 6 feet tall. My desk is under it. There is a bi-layer bookshelf built onto the wall next to it. My dad built it for me when I was sharing the room with my younger brother and had a slightly shorter bunk bed. Now that I have the loft bed the shelf the bottom layer is level with the mattress, which is why all my books fall onto the bed. Sometimes when it gets hot in the summer I take down my blanket and sleep on the floor, where it’s cooler.

I have six, four of which are stuffed into two pillowcases, two each. One of the “double-stuffed” pillows goes under my head, on top of my shoulder/arm. (I sleep on my sides.) Sometimes I hug one of the others, but mostly they just don’t get used. Then there are the decorative pillows, which mostly live on the floor.

Polar bears on my flannel sheets. For summer, some pale yellow and some with flowers.

A complete wreck.

I religiously wash the sheets every week, and make it maybe three times a week. When the blanket/comforter/sheets are so tangled and bunched up that I can’t just slide under them any more.

Nope.

It’s a queen, currently covered in flannel sheets, a very soft fleece blanket, and a blue down comforter. Cream colored dust ruffle. No headboard/footboard, just a regular bed frame.

1. I used to sleep with a lot of pillows, and actually I still do, if my bed happens to be against the wall. I love making a nest for myself and burrowing into it on cold nights, with lots of pillows, and blankets.

2. Nope, mostly just purple polka dots.

3. Completely tangled up if I’m alone. If there’s a cat in the house (i.e. my home), she’s sleeping on the bed in an empty spot. If there’s a boy in my bed (ie my fiance), we’re spooning under a perfectly situated blanket. Usually.

4. I hope not, but it’s certainly corrupted.

5. When my fiance isn’t there, I sleep with one or all of the stuffed animals he’s given me, at his suggestion. It’s more comforting than I thought it would be. Usually, if I choose one to take to bed, I choose Butters the cow. I love me some Butters. When he is here–well he’s the cuddly thing.

6. There are 3 beds I sleep in regularly. The one at my dorm currently sees the most use. It’s a typical extra-long twin, but it’s nicer than I’d expected out of a college bed… I have my down mattress-type-thing above the school-provided mattress and it’s comfy. My bed at home is a daybed, also comfy with a nice quilt; I sleep in it every other weekend and random days I come home. I also sleep in fiance’s bed at his home which is a twin bed up against the wall a few times a month when I spend the night there.

1. Four pillows, two for my hubby, two for me. I want more. Much more. Plus some body pillows. Soon.
  2. Nope, just flower print on the big comforter, everything else is solid blue and/or green.
  3. My husband tends to pull the sheets in one direction, and I pull them in the other direction… so the bed sometimes looks… taut. And a little tired. This works best if I’ve actually gone to bed.
  4. I don’t think so. We keep the sheets changed and washed at least twice a week, the mattress is still a nice, pristine white (even with two cats sleeping on it in the daytime!)
  5. I sleep with two “Listig” pillows from IKEA - we got them in the kids section, and I call them “bugs”. They just somehow look like bugs to me. One is green and one is blue. I call the green one Bugaboo and the blue one is Boobug. We also have these two homemade “pencil pillows” - kind of these bodypillow things that hubby’s aunt made for him when he was a child, and they look like pencils. One is red, and one is blue. hubby sleeps with the red one, I keep a leg around the blue one. Oh, and my teddy bear. My husband got me a teddy bear one night. I named him Barry Bear. I usually manage to hold him somehow, too.
    Oh, and my pengy.
  6. King size bed, one day going to be a California King Size. Regular bed, regular Sealy mattress. I want to get a mattress pad from IKEA, though (along with more pillows! Big big pillows!)
    Sometimes I fall asleep on the sofa if I’m watching a movie or something, but I don’t like to. My arms fall asleep and I wake up screaming and flailing.

However, I am a chronic insomniac, and all this bed talk is making me nostalgic and misty eyed.

We have six pillows on the bed; each of us has a king-size pillow, a standard-size pillow, and a memory foam pillow. mr.stretch sleeps just with his standard-size pillow and his other pillows on the floor by the bed. I sleep with all three of my pillows; I’m a side sleeper and use the memory foam pillow under my head, the king-size pillow between my knees and the standard pillow between my arms. If mr.stretch isn’t there, I sleep with his king and standard pillows on his side of the bed so I’m surrounded by pillows.

We only use flannel sheets on our bed. Currently we have two sets–dark green and deep purple. We have three fleece blankets on the bed–two purple ones and a dark blue one. I usually throw the dark blue one off my side and mr.stretch usually grabs a small tan fleece blanket that he keep for when he gets cold and uses that sometime during the night. That’s the suckitude of having different body temps. All of our bedding is solid color right now. We used to have a huge quilt on our bed, but it has to be washed in a commercial-size washer and since the addition of the Golden Retrievers it needs to be done too frequently to be practical.

I don’t move too much in my sleep, but mr.stretch is a little more restless. Sometimes the blankets are all on his side of the bed, or he’s stolen one of my pillows.

We don’t have a bedstead or headboard at this time. We have a kind-size bed. We used to have a queen, but last year I finally talked mr.stretch into letting me get a flobed. It was spendy but worth it. I have to have a soft mattress and mr.stretch likes a firm mattress, so this was our compromise. This bed has been the best thing ever for my hips, neck, and shoulders. Having a king-size bed is the best! There’s room for both of us to sleep comfortably, and there’s room for all three dogs when we lay in bed and read at night. I can never go back to a queen-size bed now.

We have a king size bed (no headboard or footboard) and 3 pillows apiece. I stack mine to be a wedge - I’m more comfy sleeping slightly elevated. My sweetie sleeps on one pillow and uses the other two on either side - he has a bad shoulder and hugging a pillow helps him.

This time of year, we sleep under a sheet, electric blanket, and comforter. The blanket is just to pre-heat the sheets, then it gets turned off. No super heroes - the pattern is an abstract in jewel tones.

Normally, the bed is pretty tidy when we get up - neither of us thrashes much. When he’s on the road and I sleep alone, I hardly move from my side - denial maybe??

No cuddlies, unless the cat stops by to visit, tho mostly, he’s on “patrol” at night.

Our bed is too cool to be ashamed.

“When I was young, I never needed any sleep, and takin’ naps was just for fun…
Those days are gone…”

Don’t make sleepin’ like ‘eh used ta’. :smiley:

I use two pillows–one flat and one against the headboard. One of our cats likes to sandwich himself in between the two pillows.

No logos or anything like that. In fact, very few prints at all, now that I think about it…

It depends. If I slept well, it usually looks a lot like it did when I got in. Sometimes I’ll throw off the extra blankets or something. If I’m restless, the blankets and sheets are all over the place.

Only when we don’t vacuum under it for six months at a time.

Stuffed animals, Mr. m and our cats.

It’s a queen-size bed with a cushy pillow top. I love our mattress and would gladly carry it on all our trips if it were at all possible. The frame is pretty simple–Shaker style in natural cherry.

…Billions and Billions of pillows, mostly smushed flat and bound into submission. I sleep on my stomach with a *very * firm mass under my forehead, with space to breathe, then another big body pillow to sleep on. DeHusband uses 1 pillow on headboard, 1 pillow under head.

…Nope. Currently, pale lemon sheets with pale blue comforter. Very summery.

…My side is untucked.

…Nope - it’s just as big and lazy as I am.

5.Take anything cuddly to bed?

…Does my husband count? Oh and a persian cat on my side, a bob-tail cat on his.

…We have a California King-size waterbed. We have to fight the cats for prime real estate on the warm gooshy mattress.

Cats? On a waterbed? You’re lucky you don’t wake up flat on the floor, wringing wet.

1. 4 pillows, 2 kings and 2 standard. I use the kings myself, usually working them into a sort of arch shape so I can put my arms on something (which sorta answers question 5).
  2. I have a royal blue Chief Joseph Pendleton blanket that I am awfully attached to.
  3. The bedclothes are pushed to one side most nights, unless it’s been REALLY COLD.
  4. My bed is less ashamed of me since I recently switched to eggshell sheets from dead white. The whites yellow too quickly because, frankly, I am a sweaty greaseball.
  5. I’m pretty damn cuddly myownself. Other than that…uh…no. Not lately.
  6. “Full” (aka Hefty Bachelor) size. First-class mattress and box (Garnet Hill), with pillowtop. I spend 1/3 of my day someplace, I’m going for quality.