Dopers in Bed

“Father forgive them, they know not where they pee.” :frowning:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I sleep on more pillows than a Byzantine whore- about five or so. I have a double bed that I usually Mandrell in. I prefer solid sheets and covers though I go with what’s on sale and I figure that if all the linens are in the same room as the bed with at least one sheet actually making contact somewhere with the surface of said bed then by God it’s made, though I’ll do the more conventional bedmaking if I’m expecting company (which is unfortunately very rare, see “Mandrell, Barbara-- Hit Songs of— 1978”). I currently don’t have a headboard or footboard strictly because I don’t see the need in one, but if I won the lottery I’d probably buy an understated sleigh bed.

I wonder how many people here WON’T get the Mandrell reference.

wanders off, now humming, "sleeping single in a double bed, whoooooooa-ooooh!"

1. How many pillows do you have, and what, are they body pillows? Do you use so many pillows under your head that you are going hunchback?

Lots of pillows, almost all feather pillows. I create a nest for myself when I’m knitting in bed, watching TV. I really only use one or two when I fall asleep.

1. Any cool logos or characters on your stuff?

Nope. Nice flannel tartan-style feather duvet.

1. What’s the bed like when you wake up?

I’m usually wrapped around the duvet (as opposed to the other way around), and most of the fitted sheet and mattress pad are off the corners of the bed. The bed and I become one.

1. Is your bed ashamed of you?

Gosh no! It beams with pride.

5.Take anything cuddly to bed?(not talking blow up dolls!)

Two dogs and occasionally my sister’s cat. Plus all of my bedding is really cuddly.

1. What kind of bed, or is it a bed at all? Anyone sleeping on the couch?

Queen. I dropped the bottom off of my bedframe because the bed was sitting too high to accomodate my MALM table. So I don’t have to worry about anything being under my bed.

1. Two feather pillows, one for me, one for my husband. I like to scrunch all the down into a pile and plant my face in it.
  2. Nope. Clean, pure white sheets. Like sleeping on a cloud.
  3. Usually my husband throws the comforter on me and tries to take the sheet. This is very distressing because I cocoon, and I tuck the blankets under my chin. Being un-cocooned at midnight is not a wonderful feeling.
  4. My bed loves me. I lay down in it and it’s like a soft hug.
    5.My husband, although he’s not too cuddly :frowning: Actually that sad face isn’t sad enough; I feel like crying sometimes because he doesn’t like being cuddled.
  5. King size bed. Lovely, wonderful, soft cloud bed. The best bed I’ve ever slept in.
  1. Two pillows, soft and fluffy and on the thin side.
  2. Nope, although I have a couple of beaded and embroidered decorative cushions. Does that count?
  3. Warm and cozy and comfy and… geez, why did I ever get up today?
  4. Never! (At least, I hope not… :o)
  5. I used to sleep with my stuffed bear when I was little; not any more. Man, I miss that bear.
  6. Normal bed, single size, soft mattress, no headboard (or frame).

Four pillows, two feather, two fiberfill. In theory it’s two each, but I only use the feather pillow. Normal sized ones, although I’d love a body pillow.

No cool logos. Our duvet has a charcoal gray striped cover. Our favourite sheets are pale gray flannelette with little cute sheep on them. Otherwise boring cream striped or pale yellow. When it’s cold we use an extra polarfleece blanket each, and an extra quilt. Yellow stripes. I didn’t choose it.

The bed is wrecked when we wake up. The sheets are usually twisted, and the duvet’s in a big lump. I like it freezing cold so I can burrow under mounds of blankets, and Mr. Lissar likes normal room temperature. Somehow this means that he gets all the blankets regardless of temperature.
Yes. It would like to be lovingly made up every day, and we don’t.
I’ve always slept with stuffed animals. When I lived at home my room was freezing cold, so I developed a 30-stuffed-animal-four-quilts-and-eight-pillows sleeping habit for insulation.

Shortly after we started dating, Mr. Lissar bought me a lovely hug-sized bear that we named Robert. We decided we were going to practice for having children by adopting and parenting stuffed animals. We have quite a few on the bed. Some of them are very small, so it’s not as crowded as it could be. We’ve used up all our favourite names on the stuffies. Robert (bear), Zachary (dog), Elizabeth (bear), Augusta (hippo), Jeremiah (bear), Henry Mashimaro (don’t know), Rachel (cat), Simeon (dog), Peregrin (cat), Elijah (red panda).

They’re much quieter than real children. Oh, sometimes the cats join us, too. They’re cuddly.

It’s a creaky futon, and we hope to replace it sometime in the next year with a nicer real bed.

Lesse:

1. Two regular pillows but I only use one, two decorative pillows, and like nine fish pillows (what? I like fish :slight_smile: ). I use one fish pillow to prop up my hips when I sleep on my side.

2. Sheets are mostly white with big pop-art flowers. Duvetis white over a hot pink quilt.

3. I don’t roll a lot so the bed’s much as it was when I fell alseep.

4. Probably since I don’t do much to make it look nice.

5. When the temps below sixty, the kitties sleep with me.

6. It’s a mattress on an IKEA slat bed frame. When I graduated college, I decided to splurge and get a queen size bed. Which in retrospect was a mistake because it takes up a lot of room and I only sleep in about two feet of bed. I’d be just a comfortable on a cot.

Thanks, Panzram it is a very comfortable bed, and the back does look just like a park bench. :slight_smile: That’s is one of the things I like about it actually, the back is tilted back just like a bench and when you are sitting up in bed you can just lean back on it.

You know, I’m surprised that so many Dopers sleep in pretty tame settings. You aren’t being silly enough, SDMB! (Look, I think that the message board is a person!)

I was really expecting some plush monkeys, and a favorite Spongebob blanket and sheets or something. I think what this has taught me, is that . . . * scoots chair back and wanders off

*comes back after running around the block in his sweats

pant…Pretty nice day outside. It is very pleasant today. I will have to leave you all now, and I just wanted to say one last thing, to move your soul…and inspire you to do good…

*does a backflip out of the window, where he sits down on his back porch.

No, not got anything insightful to say at all. I just had dinner. I should just go back to bed. :frowning:

Why, are you looking to move into one any time soon? :smiley:

1. Just the one pillow for me - I prefer not to wake up with a stiff neck.
  2. One set of sheets has the word “bed” inscribed on the top of the quilt-cover and pillow - just in case I forget :).
  3. Warm, comfortable, and the place I’d like to spend the next couple of hours in but (usually) can’t. I used to be a bit of a sheet-twister, but I’ve more-or-less grown out of that I think. My younger brother used, without fail, to end up outside the covers pointing away from the pillow. On occasions when we would tuck him back in, still asleep, he would revert to his former position within minutes. Kinda cute.
  4. Probably, but not because of what I do when asleep :eek:. What Leishmaniac said, though unfortunately I do have white sheets - well, yellowish…
  5. Only when my girlfriend’s staying over.
  6. Double. Mmm… stretch!

2 pillows when sleeping, 4 pillows when made

Patterned sheets - stripes or SouthWest designs

My side - neat and slightly ruffled. The wife’s side - like it was invaded by mating mongooses

Our bed loves us!

Nothing comes to bed with us except maybe the cats, if we don’t kick them out. The headboard has a stuffed horse (with hearts on it), a stuffed crab, and a Xmas elephant on it.

It’s your basic full-size, until the new King gets delivered! :smiley:

1. 6 total, two regular, two shams and two decorative. I use at least two to sleep on, sometimes more.

2. Alas, no cool logos, although I did find a very nice burgandy comforter set in a paisley type pattern with gold and green accents. I dislike typical girly flowery patterns, my girlfriends tease me that I have a manly bedroom.

3. Generally pretty messy, with at least one corner of the sheet popped free of the mattress.

4. I fear it might be, it’s a pretty new bed, mattresses and all, and I’ve been single and it’s not even properly broken in.

5. Just the extra pillows, no other cuddlies, although the cat often finds her way in during the night.

6. It’s my first real purchase, everything else has been inherited. It’s a cherry sleigh bed, designed with a coupla open bars cut out of the head and foot board.

However, as much as I love my bed, I am currently sleeping on the couch. I recently had shoulder surgery and am mostly healed but when I sleep in my bed I tend to throw my arms above my head and that makes my shoulder hurt, so I sleep on my side on the couch where there’s no room for me to wiggle into the wrong position.

Well, I staple myself to the bedroom ceiling every night, directly above a tank septically trained attack gerbils. It’s more comfortable than it sounds; I staple a pillow to the back of my head, you see.

1. 4 Pillows. One is long but not a body pillow. Two are feather pillows. One is just fluffy. I love my main pillow. It’s feather and soft and squishy.
  2. Nothing cool on my bed. We have a very nice set of tan sheets with close to 300 thread count. They were given to us by someone I babysat for. I will never buy cheap sheets again. We have a thermal blanket, 2 regular comforters and 1 very large heavy denim comforter. It’s like sleeping in a fort.
  3. It depends. Sometimes it looks just like it did when I went to bed. Sometimes it looks like a tornado passed through, followed by an earthquake.
  4. Yes because I insult it a lot. I don’t really like my bed.
  5. Yep. TVGeek . He’s really cuddly. My pillow too. I cuddle with that before TVGeek comes to bed.
  6. a queen size pillow top. Pillow tops are evil. Sheets are a bitch to find and they’re just too damn soft. I prefer the floor.

1. How many pillows do you have, and what, are they body pillows? Do you use so many pillows under your head that you are going hunchback?
I have about four pillows. Usually I sleep so I am practically sitting up.

2. Any cool logos or characters on your stuff?
No

3. What’s the bed like when you wake up?
The same as it was when I went to sleep. I rarely, if ever move during my sleep.

4. Is your bed ashamed of you?
No

No

6. What kind of bed, or is it a bed at all? Anyone sleeping on the couch?
Twin mattress, top bunk in a bunk bed.

I’ve got one (1) standard size pillow. Suits me just fine, although I have to use two pillowcases so it at least looks white. I drool a lot in my sleep; and it stained the pillow itself nasty yellow.

No cool logos or characters. However, my comforter is a quilt my mother spent five years on and gave to me last Christmas. It’s mostly made from denim on one side with stripes of white-dotted green cloth, and the underside is yellow with little cartoony bugs on it. Comfy as anything.

In the morning, it’s unmade as it is when I go to sleep.

I don’t cuddle with anything, and it’s a very plain twin bed. I don’t presume to think that it would be ashamed of me.

I have a brass bed frame, that’s been aged/antiqued/painted to look old and the metal forms a giant tree at both the head and the foot. It’s really cool.

400 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. Two extra firm pillows, which are rotated so only one is used at a time. They’re regular queen size bed pillows. Light sage green, to match the paint on the walls, which matches the color of the Pindo Palm fronds outside the window.

Boston terror curled up at my stomach, another one at my feet. Really fat tuxedo cat somewhere in the general vicinity, usually on my legs.

I wake up curled into a tight ball, trapped by animals all trying to suck warmth from me, but they’re 300 degrees’ worth of pet so I’m usually soaking wet with sweat and the sheets are sticking to me. I have to disentangle myself from a mass of paws, legs, ears and tails to get up.

No logos. No characters.

The bed is not ashamed of me. It is the focal point in the room.

Two, but I only use one at a time. I’m allergic to down, so I use the artificial polyfill kind. And I usually go for the firmest pillows that I can find.

2. Any cool logos or characters on your stuff?

No. Nice matt-and-shiny-stripey beige duvet cover on the comforter, dark grey flannel sheets… well, there’s the Stanford ‘S’ on the afghan that I keep layered between the sheets and the comforter, but it almost never sees the light of day. Still too cold to pull out the cotton sheets.

3. What’s the bed like when you wake up?

The sheets are typically rucked off the bed and half onto the floor since I apparently like rolling to the left (away from the wall) in my sleep. :stuck_out_tongue:

4. Is your bed ashamed of you?

It’s learned to tolerate my wacky habits. I don’t make it up unless I have company or I’ve just put new sheets on.

Plush alligator named Rusty. I have no idea why, just that it seemed like a good name.

6. What kind of bed, or is it a bed at all? Anyone sleeping on the couch?

Queen bed. I like having plenty of space to roll around in. :smiley:

4 pillows. 2 have cases that match the sheets, 1 has a boyton pillow case that states: “give me chocolate or give me sleep.” the other is plain white with lace edging. 2 body pillows one for each side.

3 sets of sheets are t-shirt type, one set is 300+ thread cotton. the comforter is very comforting and plaid on one side bright yellow on the other.

the bed clothes are not to messy when i awake. i only make the bed when i change the sheets.

i think my bed likes me, it hasn’t turned on me.

malenka the miraculous, nod the naughty, and winken the wonderful will stop by throughout the night. malenka usually sticks all through the night.

full size futon.