Double wall oven

I am replacing a double wall oven. Are there any tricks that would allow one person to remove it? I need to modify the opening before the new one is delivered.

Unless you’ve got an antigrav generator up your sleeve, I wouldn’t recommend it. Those are quite heavy and cumbersome. I recommend bribing a local friend with beer and pizza.

Right. But I am thinking humans built the pyramids, and stonehenge, and the coral castle. So moving a double wall oven should not be difficult if you sat and thought about it. I just figured that I was not smart enough.

If you have access to all the tools and supplies the pyramid builders had, it shouldn’t be too hard to cobble together a platform at the correct height to allow you to slide it out of the wall, and onto the platform.

I kept reading that as double-wall oven and thinking, “Aren’t they all?” <scratch, scratch>.

A DOUBLE wall oven, though. Gotcha. When I replaced my single (but heavy) oven, I had a sturdy rolling butcher block that was just the right height, with a thick strapping of cardboard on top, to pull the oven out onto and roll away. Do you have anything like that - tool rollaway, butcher block, rollling cabinet - of sufficient stability and sturdiness?

I’d recommend one or two sturdy friends, though, as the best solution. I know I have a hard time rounding them up when needed.

I wonder how much weight and ironing board can hold. They are infinitely adjustable in the vertical plane.

Probably nowhere near enough and a collapse would be catastrophic.

(Completely off the topic, but how does a charter member have a join date of late 2002?)

I installed one this way, and kicking my (now) ex-wife hard in the leg in the process. Basically I had 2x4’s that I could rock the oven and insert another one, then repeat it on the other side. Once high enough I was able to slide it in place. Leading up to this she convinced me not to ‘bother’ people who have offered to help.

Yes I felt like raising a pyramid block, and yes it can be done this way and I assume can be reversed, but the better answer is getting rid of anyone in your life who would even hint of doing it yourself - they are not helping, they are only hurting you, even if they don’t know that.

Charter Members are those who signed up for paid memberships when they first became an option and have maintained their account in good standing since (or, in my case, took advantage of an amnesty offered a while back to get theirs back).

Right, but wasn’t that considerably before December 2002? Or is that an amnesty date?

My records indicate 2004 was my first payment. This jibes with someone else in a current thread noting that this year is 10 years since it started.