Dr. Atkins in critical condition...

…not from heart trouble, but from a fall on NYC ice yesterday.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030410/ap_en_ot/atkins_hospitalized_6

Lo-carbers and non-lo-carbers, lets all keep him in our prayers!

From a fall on the ice? When you said he was in critical condition, I worried that he had so much money that his bank account exploded or something.

I heard about this story yesterday. I sure hope he gets better soon. :frowning:

(1010 WINS) (NEW YORK) Internationally renowned low-carbohydrate diet Dr. Robert Atkins was in a coma and on life support Friday, suffering from head injuries sustained from a fall on icy pavement.
“While we are all hoping for a miracle, and every measure possible is being taken to save his life, his chances of a meaningful recovery are slim,” said his spokesman, Richard Rothstein. Employees of his Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine in Manhattan were informed Friday morning that “he remains gravely ill,” said Rothstein. “He is in a coma and on life support” at New York Weill Cornell Medical Center, Rothstein added.

It’s not looking good for him at all.

How long do you think it will be before someone blames his diet, or makes stupid jokes.

Oh wait. I guess I’m too late.

I’m no fan of his diet, but damn, that really sucks. I hope he somehow comes out of this ok.