Dr. Rober Atkins has died

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/04/17/obit.atkins/index.html

Everyone at the Lowcarb BB was saddened by the news, but like I said there, if you look at the timeline on his website, you see his many accomplishments…
Very few of us can say the same, ya know?

Dr. Atkins changed so many lives for the better. Many people I’ve met say he even had a hand in saving their lives. Who knows? Maybe in the long run he may have even saved mine.

The saddest thing right now is the silly ignorant comments discounting his WOE, which are really unnecessary at this time.

(Arggh! Water weight indeed. I’ve lost 33 lbs in the past three months. It wasn’t just water. There are people at my support board that have lost over a hundred pounds and kept it off. Does Zelman think we’ve been toting around an extra hundred lbs in water weight? Damn. I’m not going to get into this argument right now.)

Dr. Atkins changed my life, that much I know. I thought it was all about willpower, and I thought I was weak, but I was wrong.

Pout pout.

I posted this but it got bumped to the second page.

Oh well…he will be greatly missed, but at least he lived to see his theories start to gain credibility.

I’m afraid he will be fodder for the late-night talk show comedians tonight.

I am glad he saw some acceptance of his theories.

Me- about 15 pounds in 4 weeks

Husband- about 15 pounds in 3 weeks

I am really sorry to hear about this. I started his diet a few weeks into January and have lost 28 lbs since. I have cheated and no exercise. I am so thankful for his books. They have been a godsend to me and my hubby. He will be missed.:frowning:

This may be morbid, but I hope his body will be autopsied. I’d like to know if you can drive a truck through his arteries. Would certainly give his theories a boost.

Geez. Falling on ice. Not the way you’d expect him to go.

Yeah, he was probably walking to work in the winter because it’s healthy…

:frowning: