Dr. Bronner's revisited

Ok, another soap question…What about the part about using the soap as an “internal cleanser” to raise the alkalinity of the area and preventing conception? I do have better things to discuss, but what the hell.

Know what they call a woman who relies on the Dr. Bronner’s method for preventing conception?

Mom.

drum lick
lovelee

I hate to be the first “downer” here; but, sad to say, Dr. Bronner has passed away. :frowning:
I think he made a mistake by mentioning * Amway * on his labels; but I told my Direct Distributor about it and, so far as I know, Amway has not seen fit to make any kind of complaint against Dr. Bronner’s company for this.

I recall a great article (I think it was in “climbing”) they said “I suppose you could call it a cult… but to have a cult you need to have followers”

All that internal cleansing crap, well, take it with a grain of salt. it is good for about everything else, though.

Internal cleansing crap or internal crap cleansing? Are we to use Dr. Bronner’s soap for an enema? douche?

One complete set of morals for sale to highest bidder, new in box.

I am quite sure that Cecil wrote about the history of Dr. Bronner’s soap label, but I don’t see it in the archives. Too bad.

He took up Dr. Bronner and his soap in More of the Straight Dope.

I just wanted to say that I was really sorry to hear about Dr. Bronner’s death, even if nobody else was. Just bought a bar of All-One Jojoba-Rose in remembrance :frowning:

Here’s Cecil’s column: Why the weird religious ravings on Dr. Bronner’s soap?

Here’s a sample of Dr. Bronner’s copywriting skills: Dr. Bronner’s Original Rant

your humble TubaDiva/SDStaffDiv
for the Straight Dope

I dunno what happened there, but let me try this AGAIN! YHTD

[Note: This message has been edited by TubaDiva]

Porpentine,
I thought his kids were upholding the pround looney-tune/soap-making tradition.

Am I mistaken?

jeepers, thank all-one-god-faith I just stocked up on all the peppermint soap a gal can use.

Don’t ask me, ask dougie_monty. I didn’t even know he was dead 'til I read it here.

“Succurrite, succurrite, horribilis heffalumpus! Hoff, hoff, hellibilis horralumpus! Holl, holl, hoffabilis hellerumpus!”

*Non intelligo, * Fretful. :slight_smile:

“If you drive an automobile, please drive carefully–because I walk in my sleep.”–Victor Borge