Dragonfly98, if anyone has been just beggin for a pitting, it's you

So. Just how does one go about eating grains, legumes and vegetables without, you know, killing them.

Just wondering…

How can you call other people feeble minded right after you totally botch a 5th grade math problem?

3 meals per day * 365 days per year * 5 years = 5475 meals. 99.5% of your meals have been vegetarian.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some ground beef to defrost. You think I should make regular burgers or Hamburger Helper?

Burgers dude. And make 'em red inside. While you’re at it slap some bacon on there. Two dead animals taste better than one.

I always say, it’s not a real meal unless an animal has had to die for it. I’d say a conservative 100% of my meals in the last five years have had some sort of dead animal involved in the preparation. Preferably, something cute and fuzzy. There’s definitely some sort of direct link between cuteness and tastiness. By my logic, the tastiest thing in the world would have to be fried kittens, but for some reason my local butcher refuses to stock them.

WOW!

That’s real d e e p.

Are you a “macho man/girl” by any chance?

Just wondering that’s all.

And Miller are you threatening me?? i am being polite!!

i must say you are one sub-human ignorant asshole.

Wake up.

Ackkk! You’re right. Thanks for the correction.

Threatening you? What the fuck? Where on Earth does Miller even address you, let alone say anything at all which could even remotely be considered a threat? I must say, you strike me as one of the stupidest people I’ve ever met on this board.

As is your response. Evade questions much?

Seriously. Why is it morally reprehensible to kill animals, but perfectly acceptable to kill plants for food? I’m genuinely curious. Enlighten me.

Sorry, was that whole post addressed to me, or just the part where you’re hallucinating threats?

You should really look into becoming a pisco-vegetarian. They say fish is brain food, and honey, you need all the help you can get.

Miller: I dunno, pigs taste damned good and those things are pretty much ugly.

dragonfly98: You are a sanctimonious ass and are not helping your own cause. What do you care more about, helping the animals or pissing off a bunch of message board posters? Because right now, you are doing the latter at the expense of the former.

Pitting dragonfly98 may not be very satisfying if you search his posts. He’s been a member for years. He pops up every few months and posts bizarre stuff, often with some vitriol, and then disappears for a while.

While I’m not going to search for it right now (I can barely access the board today), I remember that he was somewhat caustic in his objection when I changed my username from beatle to Ringo a couple of years ago.

There was a dragonfly99 before 98 appeared. That one was a little wonky in the reality department as well.

Thank God you tossed your leather wallet! Maybe that poor cow can have that wallet-shaped wound patched up now. I’m sure she won’t mind your ass-sweat.

A meal just isn’t a meal without a little blood in it. I’m partial to puppy blood myself, and if you can ever find fresh kitten (still shreiking) I reccomend it.

Man, this guy has some pretty whacked out priorities. His web page links to an online dairy. This entry, in particular, intrigued me:

Dragonfly98, if you’re homeless and that’s really all you can afford, maybe you should save your ultra-vegan tendencies for when you’re on more stable financial ground, don’t you think? What happens if things get even worse? Vegan dumpster diving?

Probably the same guy. The domain of his website is dragonfly99.net. (Again with the priorities. How many people do you know that live in a van and have their own domain?)

Dragonfly98, you are a murderous bastard. Your callous disregard for plantlife makes the bile rise in my throat. If you were truly conscious about the food you ate, you would be like me and only eat food that doesn’t cast a shadow. When your ready to stop being a poseur about your food choices, send me an email.

When will people learn?

Derleth: As I sit here enjoying this turkey sandwich, I confess that there may be more flaws in my hypothesis than I initially realized.

If this is polite I would hate to see Dragonfly get downright churlish with us.

It has always amused me that the logical extension of veganism is mass extinction. If cows, pigs, chickens and the like were not used by people they would quickly wander free, be consumed by predators and fail to reproduce. It would be a veritable farm animal holocaust.

You call "quite a few functionally illiterate anti-social feeble minded self-righteous moral cowards here i must say. i must have hit the jackpot!!

Oh… BTW your mama wears army boots and your daddy proudly perfoms oral sex on South Central Gangstas for a nickel a shot"

being polite?

Or that’s polite? Sir, I am confused here. Perhaps you could kindly explain to myself and my comrades her both why you feel so strongly in your vegan principles and why your earlier statements, though I am inclined to consider them somewhat rude, were “polite”?

It’s almost 5pm. It’s too damn early for that, frankly.

I truly don’t understand why you consider this a virtue. If eating meat products is bad and murderous, how does the fact that you’ve only done it a little bit matter?

It seems to me that you are saying something like:

“I’ve only stolen 30 cars in the last five years. Thus I am superior to all you car thieves out there.”

I’m sure that Jeffrey Dahmer was involved in innocent activities 98.4% of the time.

If meat is murder it’s that 1.6% that counts, doesn’t it?

How do you morally account for all of the animals that die on your behalf that you don’t directly consume. By this, I mean the animal products and animal tested products that you can’t avoid. Medications. Cultivation is of course extremely costly in terms of animal life. I lived on a farm until last year. Do you have any clue how much damage a tractor and plow does? A cultivator?

Moles, groundhogs, mice, birds, turtles, snakes, insects etc are all massacred as a result of a cultivated field. The entire exosystem of that field is completely destroyed, and that’s the case whether or not it’s organically grown.

How do you reconcile all the animals that are killed to produce the food you do consume with the moral stance against consuming meat?

If you don’t like meat, that’s cool with me, but I don’t understand and don’t think you understand the fallacy of the Vegan moral contention against meat.