"Drug 1 And Drug 2" songs

I’m listening to the wonderful Green On Red compilation “The Little Things In Life”, and “Pills And Booze” comes up, which let me notice that there are a bunch of songs of that sort. The ones that come to my mind are:

Oasis - Cigarettes And Alcohol

Muddy Waters - Champagne And Reefer

Honorary mentions:

Eric Clapton - Coffee And Cigarettes (or, “Digestion”, as I use to call it :wink:). Not a song, but an album.

Dr. Feelgood - Milk And Alcohol (For the heck of it. Milk contains sugar, and sugar is a drug)

What else is there?

Jenny Lewis - Red Bull & Hennessy

There’s an actual song by Michelle Featherstone also called “Coffee & Cigarettes” aside from the Clapton album

Well then you better get some Gin and Juice

Rolf Harris - Nick Teen and Al K Hall

Weed and Hennessy, by, IIRC, Master P.

Nashville Pussy, “Fried Chicken and Coffee”

If you’re not just looking at the title:
Queens of the Stone Ages - Feel Good Hit is the Summer (I think the only non-drug word in the lyrics is “and”) which goes to Drug 7.

Otherwise, Blur - Coffee & TV

And much more out there is:
Marcy Playground - Sex & Candy
Mindless Self Indulgence - 2 Hookers & An Eightball (NSFW/ Content Warning)

Rufus Wainwright - Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk

U2 - Xanax and Wine

How about TISM (He’ll Never Be An) Ol’ Man River, since “the drug” in question was cocaine and morphine.

Similarly vague Three 6 Mafia’s Weed., Blow, Pills

“Snortin’ Whiskey, Drinkin’ Cocaine” - Pat Travers

Pat Travers - Snortin Whiskey - YouTube

Knowing next to nothing about Queens of the Stone Age, other than Josh being in a handful of other bands*, I have no idea if ‘goes to Drug 7’ is a reference, on your part or theirs to and Them Crooked Vultures interview answer he game years ago. If you can’t hear her, the interviewer asked if his life was ‘all sex, drugs and alcohol’.

*And even that, I only know because I was watching, I think, ‘download fest’ on whatever station used to play all the music festivals. The host would interview singers when their set was coming up soon and I remember being really confused about seeing Josh get interviewed before his Queens of the Stone Age set and then a few hours later seeing him getting interviewed for an Eagles Of Death Metal set. Either that or I saw Queens play at Download and I saw Josh being interviewed after the suicide attacks during an Eagles concert in Paris. Either way, I don’t know much about them.

If chocolate milk is a drug, I really need to look into rehab. I go through at least a big bottle of Herhsey’s syrup a week. And that’s on top of all the other chocolate I consume, including my ‘car M&M’s’, those being the M&M’s I nearly always have in my car so I can eat them while I’m driving.

Cigarettes, Whiskey and Wild, Wild Women has been recorded by many country artists (including Jim Croce, Buck Owens, the Sons of the Pioneers, etc.).

Not to mention Peter Sellers with the Muppets!

4 of them in Matt Maeson’s “Hallucinogenics”

Pushing past the limit
Trippin’ on hallucinogenics
My cigarette burnt my finger
'Cause I forgot I lit it

Drunken in Seattle
Two more Xans and without a paddle

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer by George Thorogood

Jason Isbell - “Cigarettes and Wine”

DC Comics and Chocolate Milkshakes - Art Brut

Not my idea of drugs, but I’m sure they are to somebody. And this thread has gone off the rails already, so don’t blame me!

Just because it’s a drug and you are clearly addicted doesn’t mean you’ll need rehab. It’s possible you could get that sweet, brown monkey off your back by pure force of your own will.