Dry orange, how I loathe thee

Medstar - it is the summertime, so gooooo get 'em!

G’wan!:slight_smile:

OK, but why are you buying oranges in spring/summer? Seriously. Oranges (at least around here) are in season in fall/winter. I used to buy fruit whenever I was in the mood for it, no matter what the fruit or the time of year. Then I talked to my Aunt Star (everybody should have an Aunt Star), and she won’t even buy apples unless it’s fall. Since I adopted this philosophy, I have not been disappointed by my fruit selection.

Just a thought. :slight_smile:

Yes, they are indeed good, Canthearya. Think of it… little brownish dried-up pieces of orange rind… definitely a good snack! :slight_smile:

F_X

Dry oranges are hell.

When I lived in California and was pregnant with my first son, I had near-constant cravings for blood oranges. Blood oranges are orange on the outside with a red blush, and are deep red on the inside. They taste like normal oranges, but with a hint of raspberry. At the time, they cost about $4.00 a pound, but IMO they were worth every penny. Until I bought a dry batch. A dry, crunchy blood orange is the height of awfulness.

Lindyhopper, you’re right about the apples. This time of year they have that plasticky fridge taste. Bleargh.

I was looking forward to our local peach harvest here, but we had two really bad hailstorms within a week. It happened to be the week the peach orchard was in full bloom. :frowning: I’ll have to get out the orchard early, 'cause there probably won’t be many bushels for sale.

HELLO?!? Ugli fruit! Anyone ever had it?

::yeeeesh::

:wink:

Not yet, Canthearya. Next time I go shopping I’ll give 'em a look-see.