"Dude, Where's My Car?" Is Oscar-Worthy Compared To This...

Peace and quiet until “the gang is back” in summer of 2006 in “Fat Albert 2 Electric doo doo”

Most likely because he invented the characters, their characteristics, catch phrases, etc. I haven’t heard anything about him being associated with this in an active way.

Can we name the characters. . .

In this picture, I think it goes (left to right)

Mushmouth
Dumb Donald
Bucky ? (in the back)
Bill ? (in the blue)
??? (tall guy in the back)
Russell
Fat Albert.

Am I crazy or was there a Russell and a Rudy? Rudy was short and wore a hat like Russell.

I would have like to see that black guy from the Kangaroo movie and Malibu’s Most Wanted play Fat Albert. I think he’s pretty funny.

Given the level of knee-jerk reaction to the way the Gungans spoke in the Star Wars movies, I will be quite surprised if there isn’t a fair amount of knee-jerkishness if they have Mushmouth talk the same way he did in the cartoon…

Rudy’s the one looking over Fat Albert’s shoulder. I think the one with the 'fro is Weird Harold.

From my most recent link:

Russell was Bill’s little brother, and he’s not in the live action pic. He’s on the left of this pic, and Rudy is on the right. Rudy was the only “cool” kid in the group. I think he played guitar.

Based on looks alone, I think they did a great job with casting, wardrobe and make-up. As long as the Brown Hornet is involved, I think this has a chance to be not too bad.

Pash

Well, perhaps we’ll get to find out where Rudy was plugging in. It’s been bugging me for years.

No, I think that’s Mudfoot next to Rudy. Russell looked like Bill but with a gap in his teeth.

The odor of Scooby Doo 2 has yet to vacate movie theaters, so I don’t think this can come as even a mild surprise. We’ll probably get a Captain Caveman movie someday. Ooh! and Grape Ape.

And that means Speedbuggy isn’t far behind. Which just confirms my suspicions that the execs at Hanna Barbera are not human at all, but Satan Spawn.

When what we really want is a live action Jetsons…

Or a live-action “Clutch Cargo”

…with CGI mouths of course!

Only because you’re in lust with Judy. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are aware that Fat Albert isn’t a H-B property, right?

Um, yes. I was actually responding to this:

All of those are HB cartoons. Really, really hideous ones. Yes, even Scooby Doo.

Yeah, I’m just waiting for a live action Space Ghost

Or Herculoids. Starring Kevin Sorbo as the Tarzan rip-off father character.

Now, see, I couldn’t watch the Space Ghost cartoon, but I love Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Cheese of the finest variety. Loved Brak.

I’ll bet you the beverage of your choice (within reason, if we’re in the same restaraunt I’ll buy) that not only would it be in the style of the “adventure show” cartoon, but they’d also try to play it for laughs like the '60s Batman series.

I’m also fully expecting a live-action Johnny Quest sometime soon.

No, Mudfoot was the old (homeless?) dude. Just so we can keep them all straight…

Fat Albert
Bill
Rudy
Mushmouth
Weird Harold
Russell
Bucky
Dumb Donald
Mudfoot

I checked a couple of different sites, and this is the only one that seemed to be able to keep them straight.

(Oh my god, did I just spend 30 minutes looking up Fat Albert info?)
Pash