DUngeons and Dragons

Lynn wrote:

Your husband won’t get to play Final Fantasy VIII for months? C’mon, don’t you think such punishment is a little severe? :wink:

I’m not flying fast, just orbiting low.

Lynne – Do I make amends if I say “lesbian role playing is an option for her”? Probably not, sorry. A gross and unfair assumption on my part – pardonez moi, SVP.

Skeptic – Hey, hey!! Hands off!!

Right!
Forgive the lateness all I will offer no excuse. for those grading my paper…please dont tell my Mum and dad. “one word Brith…Girls” yes girls are great…
<thats actually 4 words but who’s counting?>
And for the record…I am male. Please judge ones typing gently. You never know how many fingers someone has. OH yes Byzantine…i fully aggree.

Boy… Now I’m all full of myself. Nyah-nyah, Lynne. ::wink::

Hey, Chief, I toooooooooold ya’… “his info on ICQ says that…”

Now, regarding Kelli, well… ok. I’ll keep my hands off. :slight_smile:

ICq info?..hmmmmm flattering…what does that have with the price of beer?

I played D&D in High School.

Then I decided that I liked female companionship too much to continue.

Brian O’Neill
CMC International Records
rockuniverse.com/cmc/cmc.html

ICQ 35294890
AIM Scrabble1
Yahoo Messenger Brian_ONeill

In college, we had some modified rules.

“Okay, the troll has struck you. Roll a d-8 and take that many shots.”
“You put on the Ring of Gaseous Form? Idiot. How are you going to take it off?”

The individual games didn’t seem to last long, but we had some very long campaigns…

I actually played some D&D in high school,the then boyfriend was into it…and my brother did some DM ing,we played DC heroes( I believe it was called)
and that was kinda cool.

A fun D&D parody game I once played was profound in its prominent game mechanic:

“Roll for wandering damage.”

I never got into D&D, but for awhile I was playing Shadowrun with a bunch of people who were constantly at my apartment.

I remember one game in particular, we (the characters) did nothing except have sex with each other. My character, who was highly charismatic, ended up pregnant by an ugly dwarf (I was an elf/mage… 20 month gestation.) I was pissed about that, but the GM (boyfriend at the time) played favourites with me and decided that I had a clone created to take care of the pregnancy so my character could still do runs.

Ah, the day. Sometimes I miss it.

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

If you really like funny stuff PLay “Toon” yo ucant die just fall down…and wake up somewhere else…its great…But personally i thikn the best games are hte ones that follow very very loose rules…

Take your mittens off man!

I played D&D in high school. I am very much female. I still like console RPGs, and like Lynn, I am anxiously awaiting my chance to get FF8 (which unfortunately won’t be happening until Christmas, I’d imagine). I am not a loser or a nerd, in fact, I get more than my fair share of attention from the opposite sex. Most of the guys I played D&D with were the same way.

Satan shared:

“I played D&D in High School. Then I decided that I liked female companionship too much to continue.”

Hmmmm. Couldn’t think after your dick was in gear? A common male lament! SLAM! She shoots, she scores!

I play games; computer, paper, board… bedroom. It’s all fun! I don’t think the enjoyment of one precludes the enjoyment of the other!

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.

Drain Bead wrote:

They were female too? :slight_smile:

I’m not flying fast, just orbiting low.

Byz:

As amusing is your retirt, I was simply pointing out that the main participants in D&D were geeky guys, and while I certainly qualified, I had a desire to not get caught up too much in it because of the company I would enevitably keep forever as a result.

It is the same line of reasoning I never became a Trekkie.

But thank you for playing! We have some nice parting gifts, including Turtle Wax and Samsonite luggage!

Satan wrote:

Well, obviously. If you were a real Star Trek fan, you’d have called yourself a trekkER. :wink:

tracer, who knows both Warp Speed formulas.

I must have been lucky in high school. While most of us could have been considered geeks (top 5%, honour role, crap like that), there were some damn good-looking geeks in our playing group. There were times that I was the only girl, but it was rare.

College, of course, brought BattleTech, and then I was definitely the only woman playing. Then again, I was also the only female on campus to be running one of the games, too.

After 20 years of playing offline, I’m still playing (D&D, Shadowrun, BattleTech), still running the occasional game, and running a few online as well. I’m also currently fighting an addiction to Baldur’s Gate, and those of you that recommended it, I can’t decide if I want to thank you or strangle you.

Final Fantasy VII didn’t do it. My husband plays it now. Oh well, I didn’t really want to be using the PlayStation anyway.

Satan– man, I don’t know WHO you played with but the players in my circle were anything but geeks! We had all kinds of folks, from all walks of life and all ages, who played in the games.

Sorry, but I need to swing my arm around and give myself a pat on the back here for developing some of the most popular adventures. It wasn’t just monsters and treasure it was an unfolding story of why this stronghold or dungeon was mostly abandoned. People played for the story (well, and possibly the beer and chips and stuff we laid out) but I think it was more for the story.

Thanks for the luggage but I wonder if your interest would have faded if you would have had better partners. Oh, well, not like you have that problem NOW or anything!

Kisses all around!