Earl Grey... Hot!

[QUOTE=NoClueBoy]
See how nice that sounds?
[/QUOTE]

I think that might be the real answer. Saying the line that way gave Patrick Stewart a chance to do something with the words, and his way of speaking makes most lines sound more interesting than they are.

[QUOTE=spifflog]
You can put a man on Ceti Alpha Six…
[/QUOTE]

No you can’t. Ceti Alpha Six exploded.

[QUOTE=Eonwe]

Asian and into plants?
[/QUOTE]

Hot and strong… with a spoon in them.

[QUOTE=ivylass]
Now, trivia time…how does O’Brien take his coffee?
[/QUOTE]

Coffee. Jamaican blend. Double strong. Double sweet.

[QUOTE=Marley23]
“Set a course for… my tummy!”

[/QUOTE]

Don’t you mean “Uranus”?

[QUOTE=Jodi]
I thought the computer’s name was Hot, like Hal in 2001. You know: “Earl Gray, Hot.”
[/QUOTE]

I don’t think so, Dave. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Annie-Xmas]
Don’t you mean “Uranus”?
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of that, what actually happens to all the human excrement? Does it also go back into the replicator for recycling? I can just see Riker taking a dump in the replicator… Picard’s Earl Gray would be some sick, sick concotion in that case :eek:. Or is it expelled out of the ship? That would create some wicked rings to navigate between when docking DS9 :smiley:

Your mention of Deep Space Nine is appropiate considering how often Waste extraction is mentioned in its later seasons.

I always assumed that the default setting of temperature for tea on the Enterprise was different to what Picard liked - and so instead of having to say “Earl Grey, 70 degrees” every time, he just programmed the computer to give him his preferred temperature when he said “hot”.