Eat less, screw more?

[QUOTE=Kalhoun]
Eat less and screw more? Sign me up.
[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[QUOTE=fetus]
OK, Mouse_Maven, you’re the chemist, but: isn’t appetite suppression a pretty common side effect of many medicines? Especially the ones that treat symptoms with a “mind” component like this.
[/QUOTE]

Most antidepressants can cause either anorexia (appetite loss) or increased appetite. Guess which one my fat ass gets on every mind drug known to man. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=ZipperJJ]
Hmm well two of my biggest problems when finding a man is that I have a low libido and I am fat.

So, I guess they FINALLY came up with a pill just for me! :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

I’ll fight you for it. I miss my libido and I hate my excess weight. Which interferes with my libido. Which bums me out, so I’m more prone to snack. Which makes me not feel sexy. Which bums me out.

Repeat, ad neaseum.

Still, compared to cancer and AIDS, it’s not where I think the focus of research should be. And yes, diet and exercise are my answers, too–I just don’t like them.

Quote:
The hormone-releasing pill has so far only been given to female monkeys and shrews…
Hmmmm, I’ve been called a shrew on occasion…

[QUOTE=fetus]
And don’t you think less about eating when you’re sexually stimulated?
[/QUOTE]

Uhm, dunnow about eating as such, but when I’m sexually stimulated I’m very interested in putting things in my mouth. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be over in that corner trying to look like a Good Girl ™.

[QUOTE=Nava]
Uhm, dunnow about eating as such, but when I’m sexually stimulated I’m very interested in putting things in my mouth. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be over in that corner trying to look like a Good Girl ™.
[/QUOTE]

[shocked Mother voice] Nava! [/smv] :eek:

:o

:smiley:

:cool:

So is the weight loss a side effect of the libido drug or is increased libido a side effect of a weight loss drug?

Or is it just a case of a “Hey! You got peanut butter on my chocolate!”-“You got chocolate in my peanut butter!” kind of thing?

Either way, you’re a winner!

Nava! What have I been telling you about snackign on cream-filled Ding Dongs late at night? That’s what always gets you, you know!

(But the cream filling isn’t that bad. COME ON! It’s not THAT bad! I promise you’ll like it. Please try the cream filling…Please?)

[QUOTE=Nava]
Uhm, dunnow about eating as such, but when I’m sexually stimulated I’m very interested in putting things in my mouth. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be over in that corner trying to look like a Good Girl ™.
[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as you don’t eat those things, you’re good, I guess.

Ow.

[QUOTE=fetus]
OK, Mouse_Maven, you’re the chemist, but: isn’t appetite suppression a pretty common side effect of many medicines? Especially the ones that treat symptoms with a “mind” component like this. And don’t you think less about eating when you’re sexually stimulated? Seems to me like it’d be pretty damn tough to find a female sexual dysfunction drug that won’t also reduce appetite. The same side effect is just a thorn that comes with the rose when you’re talking about antidepressants; why should this be different?
[/QUOTE]

Pathology/Immunology is my bag, so I know very little about medication side effects. Once you’re dead, I’d have a better idea.

[QUOTE=Mouse_Maven]
Once you’re dead, I’d have a better idea.
[/QUOTE]

Eep! :eek:

[QUOTE=hawksgirl]
Eep! :eek:
[/QUOTE]

:smiley:

How did they manage to gather a test group composed entirely of my ex-girlfriends?