Eau de greenbucks: World's most expensive perfume on sale at Harrods

Unbelievable. Just… unbelievable.

“For when you want to smell like a million bucks.”

Seriously, I’m with you, Kythereia. I’m libertarian, both politically and philosophically, and believe what you do with your money is your business.

However, if you have got nothing better to spend your money on, it’s time for some serious introspection.

Exclusivity can be pricey. Think about it, only TEN people in the world could have this!

I’ll pass.

Bet they don’t spritz you with that when you’re just trying to walk by.

Did they bother to make it out of any special ingredients, or is it only pricey because of the exclusivity? Like, is it made from the ambergris of a piano-playing whale who once met Henry Kissinger, or is just repackaged Obsession that didn’t sell from last year?

Extract of unicorn hymen.

Yeah, but you have to factor in that 500ml is an awfully big bottle of perfume . . . just think of it as 11,500 pounds a bottle if it were in normal-sized perfume bottles. :slight_smile:

I bet you’d be really pissed at yourself if you dropped the bottle. Shit, you’d need to get it insured.

So how much is in a spritz of perfume, anyway? By volume, I mean. It’d be interesting to figure out how much it costs per spritz.

Beet pollen. This is a test…

Yes, that is pretty big, come to think of it. That’s the size of a 16.9-ounce, or half-liter, bottle of soda. It would last quite a while. It better smell better than anything else on earth at that price, though.

Invisible Pink Unicorn at that.

Nah… it’s called “Imperial Majesty”, not “Jitterbug Perfume”. :slight_smile:

Don’t most scents go “off” after a year or so?

Usually, big bottles make me think of quality scents like Old Spice and Aqua Velva.

Not if you store them in the fridge, like I do. :slight_smile:

BTW, you could have several bespoke scents from the most elite noses of the world for a price like that.

I thought of that after I posted. Seems like they do, but I usually lose my perfumes and colognes long before I use them all up. It’s all the moving I do.

Kudra! You win… :stuck_out_tongue:

“unicorn hymen”

Band name.

I would never spend this much on perfume. Ever.

If it were Jitterbug perfume it might be worth it.

(See! I knew it too!

Always two hours late and 115,000 pounds short…story of my life…grumble grumble…)

I have a theory that to make money all you have to do is create the most expensive version of anything, and sell it on snob appeal alone.

I was wondering about that too. That’s a half litre, or the size of a ‘large’ chocolate milk in a carton at the company caf.

Now I can’t get the image of perfume being sold in a milk carton out of my head…