Ed Zotti Wants to be My Friend on LinkedIn?

I got one. Ed better find me a job in Chicago now.

I got a rock.

You probably shouldn’t read the Dope while piloting a plane, even if on autopilot. :wink:

It’s a network. They know someone you know, and both have their email sharing stuff set on the widest parameters.

Or else you’re a real social butterfly on LinkedIn, posting all sorts of cool stuff.

That’s what kind of threw me. I think Ed and I exchanged a single email years ago during the worst of the “SDMB is infested with malware” thing.

I did the exact same thing on LinkedIn once, clicked a button and it sent an invite to every single person I’d ever emailed anything to or received email from on my gmail account. I had a couple of “uh, who are you?” email conversations with a few people; on one of them eventually we figured out that were pravnik and TubaDiva, who was on an email chain for the Staff Report I cowrote. Probably a few of the other mods and admins got them too. Ironically, one of the people who was on that email chain and got a LinkedIn invite from me was Ed Zotti. So, Ed, if you (or anyone else on staff) was wondering who the heck the lawyer from Texas who sent you the LinkedIn invite a year or two ago was, it was me. :slight_smile:

That sounds like it could be one of those tricks to smoke out wanted fugitives. Like sending them word they’ve won a prize.

“You can’t think about it, you just gotta put it out of your mind! The more you think about it, the more you worry. The more you worry, the more you think, think, worry, worry, think… It just gets like a vicious cycle! And then, before you know it, you are impudent!”

Damn social climbers. Now I’ve got to change my settings.

I was beginning to think I was the only one. We can start a “spurned by Ed Zotti” club and whine about it in ATMB all the time as our consolation.

I’m starting an anti-social network. If you go there and whine, no one will listen. On the plus side, you can spurn Ed, each other, and all the other members.

Ed Zotti’s casual conversations determine foreign policy. And while he doesn’t always drink beer, when he does he prefers Dos Equis.

I was worried that Ed was looking for a job and contacting me. I had a brief email exchange with him a couple of years ago.

Dude, it’s going to be alright. Just roll with the punches and adapt, that is all you can do. :wink:

Hey, that’s great! I can be spurned by lots of people instead of just Ed Zotti!

A prize! Where do I go to get it?

Some of them are phishing scams. I’ve been getting a lot of those, lately.

Hmph. Cecil wouldn’t have made that mistake!

So, Ed Zotti wants to be my friend, eh? In your dreams, Ed.

Well looky who decided to turn his computer on.

I thought Ed was your sock. Or maybe it was the other way around.

Suddenly, I feel all tingly.

My head just esploded.