Eek! A job interview!

Well, once again I get to put on my purty “I’m a professional, really!” outfit and try to dazzle someone with my computer skills and ability to interact with coworkers (hah!). At least this time it’s within the same company - I’m just taking a stab at getting into a hopefully more stable division of the corporate giant I’m clinging to. But it’s complicated. I love the job I have now - lots of variety and tremendous challenges, but I can’t help but feel threatened by all the fallow periods I spend noodling around on the SDMB and participating in our cube’s Text Twist challenge. (I’m the current winner at 168,340). If I do get this job - and I give good interview, folks - I will once again be plunged into an unknown situation. But I want the stability that this new division can offer, and it sounds like it will be hard work and a lot of it. So I guess I want this job. I just wish I was unhappier in my present job. It’s make the concept of leaving it a little more palatable.
Wish me luck?

Good luck, Singular1. Change can be a bit intimidating at times but hopefully it will bring only the best to you.

Thanks, Elaella.
I’m now going through the torment of trying to figure out what to wear and hoping it goes well, and trying not to second-guess the future. I think, if I am offered this position, the second biggest selling point (after stability) is that my commute will be reduced from 27 to 17 miles, and in Seattle traffic, that’s a huge concern.
So, here I go!

It sounds like a great opportunity, and I’m wishing you the best of luck.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck on your interview, singular1. I know interviews can be nerve-racking, but if you can get through that, you will be home free.

Thanks, ** tirial ** and ** Dragwyr [/b[!

And now, an update:
Well, I was 20 minutes early to the interview, so I got to stand around and try not to stress myself out. But I have to say it went really well! I wondered why they had called me and not my coworkers with 10-20 years with this company, as opposed to my mere 2½. I was surprised to find out that it was my experience in shipbuilding design that did it. They’re taking an airplane and doing almost the same thing that I used to do to Navy ships, so my experience is really a good match! I really liked the 3 supervisors that interviewed me, and it sounds like the kind of project I could thrive on. It’s also somewhat similar to what I do now, in that there’s a lot of variety and challenges, so leaving that group wouldn’t sting so much. All in all, I’m optomistic, and I can’t sleep, waiting to hear from them. They told me they would contact me no later than Wednesday, so I’ll be gnawing away at my fingernails till then.
And thanks again, Dopers, for the words of encouragement. It really means a lot to me!