Effeminate Child Actors (male)

I am trying to make a list of male actors who were child actors and were “effeminate.” I don’t mean playing effeminate roles I mean actaully were. (don’t ask why, it’s a bet). I don’t care if they are gay or straight just that they appeared effeminate.

So far I can think of the kid on “Who’s the Boss,” Chip from “Kate and Allie” and the youngest boy on “Growing Pains.”

Any others?

How about Sam–the redheaded stepson on Diff’rent Strokes?

The actor that played the kid on Who’s the Boss ended up being gay when he was older.

That’s exactly who I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Sam on Diff’rent Strokes was just damned annoying.

Does Haley Joel Osment count?

How do you know which child-actors actually were, and which ones were, you know, acting?

My theory is that many male child-actors act this way because their primary acting coach is their Mother. Their acting style is therefore very much a mimic of them.

Me too. I never watched “Who’s The Boss?” but when I saw the whole ET thing about child TV actors - where are they now? and they showed clips of a young Danny Pintauro, I was like, what a flamer! :smiley:

Then I realized that’s pretty much exactly what I was like as an early teenager in the 80s. (What a horrible, horrible decade.) Like Danny, I grew out of it, and turned into your standard garden-variety fag. (Until I hit my late 20s, but that’s another story.)

But I never found Chip on “Kate & Allie” effeminate. Just a bit awkward once he hit puberty, but then again, that’s when many believe the show itself became awkward and jumped the shark.

Sam was indeed annoying, SuperLorie, but also somewhat effeminate from what I remember.

Also, now that I think on it, a “maybe” case for effeminateness could be made for Chip, Malorie’s admirer, on Family Ties.

#1 - Will Wheaton (“Wesley Crusher”) of ST-TNG. Far and away the whispiest, whimiest momma’s boy child actor ever.
#2 - Macaulay Calkin

#1 - Will Wheaton (“Wesley Crusher”) of ST-TNG. Far and away the whispiest, whimpiest momma’s boy child actor ever.
#2 - Macaulay Calkin

A bit (okay, a lot) obscure, but there was a kid on the original Battlestar Galactica series who played “Dr. Zee.” His name was Patrick Stuart, and here is the only pic I could find of him. I think he qualifies as effeminate.

A bit (okay, a lot) obscure, but there was a kid on the original Battlestar Galactica series who played “Dr. Zee.” His name was Patrick Stuart, and here is the only pic I could find of him. I think he qualifies as effeminate.

I don’t think anyone would call Patrick Stewart effeminate though.

What? No mention of Cousin Oliver? There was a sissymary waiting to happen…

Roddy McDowall.

Walloon, thank you for going into the misty past of things that happened before 1980. Sheesh, these kids.

How about Freddie Bartholomew, fer cryin’ out loud?

How about Rick(y) Schroder? Everytime I see him playing a tough cop now I have to think of Silver Spoons and LAUGH.

Bobby Driscoll.

:smiley:

( There, Walloon. That one’s for ya ).

Cartooniverse

Skipmagic, considering your username, you should be ashamed of yourself. Mallory’s admirer on Family Ties was named Skippy!

But I’m not effeminate. (No matter what that Munchausenesque lass, auntie em, has to say to the contrary.)

Not effeminate. See? That’s the magic part of my name. :wink:

How about Chad Allen of Our House?